Hip Hop Fan REACTS To Pink Floyd - Time (2011 Remastered)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hip Hop Fan REACTS To Pink Floyd - Time (2011 Remastered)

Post by twcc »

Looking for something else, I came across this ... makes me want to play 'Dark Side of the Moon, end-to-end with the speakers up high -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9hQumYtj8

<ii>
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Hip Hop Fan REACTS To Pink Floyd - Time (2011 Remastered)

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I'm seeing a lot of videos of Hip Hop fans reacting to Pink Floyd. I'm amazed Pink Floyd haven't really been sampled, and I wouldn't mind if they were.
I know the fan in the video isn't making any music, I was just noticing something that could hopefully start a trend. Then we can get Hip Hop into Soft Machine...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

At the very least, Brick II and Money could be sampled.

I love Weaboo's reactions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckScPUhZGGw
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

moom wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:03 am At the very least, Brick II and Money could be sampled.
Most hip hop artists would be unlikely to sample from "Money", as it is in 7/4 time and the great majority of hip hop is in common time. There are of course exceptions, but that does appear to be the general scheme of things.
There are hip hop acts that are casting their eyes towards prog rock for sampling for sure. Take the track "Power" by Kanye West, one where he samples "21st Century Schizoid Man" by King Crimson.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Exactly. Also, it should be possible to sample Money having the rhythm slightly changed, or just get more creative and work with it as it is like an art experiment. There are plenty of high-class hip-hoppers who think out of the box (I love Dälek, Declaime, also dig Dr Octopus, DJ Shadow, Apollo Brown). :)
EarlsFloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by EarlsFloyd »

Joey dosent listen too much to PINK FLOYD :?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Joey Tribbiani :lol:

Almost forgot to mention that Death Grips sampled "Interstellar Overdrive" (plus Arthur Brown's "Fire" and, I think, also "21st Century Schizoid Man") on their "Exmilitary" mixtape. They renamed it into "I want it, I need it". ;} I like it.