Axe

Post by HypatiaAquae »

ego wrote:Seamus. Nuff said.
agreed.
shadow_of_the_past
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shadow_of_the_past »

Man, I'm surely gonna take some shit for this, but my least favourite song is Young Lust. Hate! Hate! Hate! Is that harsh?
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

Nah not harsh, I find several songs on the wall to be quite boring, they are of course mixed amongst some of the best.

On the run is the worst song ever written by anyone.

Obscured by clouds is OK but I dont know why they named the album after it.
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

pinknewbie wrote:Nah not harsh, I find several songs on the wall to be quite boring, they are of course mixed amongst some of the best.

On the run is the worst song ever written by anyone.

Obscured by clouds is OK but I dont know why they named the album after it.
The album is actually more named for the movie La Vallee, for which "Obscured By Clouds" is the soundtrack. In the movie a diplomat's wife goes abroad in search of rare feathers for her French boutique, and meets a man with whom she falls in love. She joins him in an expidition, in search of The Valley of the Gods. Paradise. The valley's general location is marked on a map, but only identified as "obscured by clouds." As the clouds over the valley are so dense that it is impenetrable by air. It is only accessible via ground, much by foot through the jungle. In the opening of the film, they are in a plane flying over the location of the valley, above the cloud cover and the song "Obscured By Clouds" is playing in the background. Hence the title of the song, and the album title.
Seeing the movie really does add volumes to the ablum.
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

Gaah! So many of you can't stand my fave songs! *shock* I absolutely love Corporal Clegg and Bike! *wanders off humming*
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

floydbabe wrote:Gaah! So many of you can't stand my fave songs! *shock* I absolutely love Corporal Clegg and Bike! *wanders off humming*
Both of which are FABULOUS songs! ((who doesn't love Barrett?? Please let me know so that I can make sure to SNUB them.)) :wink:
woof
Knife
Knife

Post by woof »

Can't believe that Seamus is getting so much slagging. It's a really nice bluesy number and has Seamus howling on it...really nice track and it sounds like my dog.
Was Scream Thy last Scream an offcut like Veggie man?
Also, ABitW is a great song, I remember when it was released when I was 5 years old and got my parents to but it for me.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Anonymous wrote:For some odd reason i have grown to not like 'money'....I disagree with most of the choices above altho' i agree that by and large a few of them are one i rarely play anyway... Bike is a lovely piece of Barrett's work and maybe not the 'deepest' of lyrics but it has that playful simplicity i would equate with most of Syd's good work... The Division Bell... can't say i have played it since release...the singles were 'ok' but the rest was just filler material.
& finally, bits from 'Obscured...' i know there is some dodginess in it but i cant single them its been so underplayed round here.
Peace...
M
I agree with some points. I definitely (I hope I spelled it ok cause if else somebody who posted on the Hatey watey thread will hate me) don't like the post-Waters live version of Money, A new machine sucks and some of the earlier stuff a lot of you mentioned as least favourite are brilliant imo.
Funny that you can love the same band but completely disagree on best or worst song. I wouldn't have been a Floyd fan had they only made their last two studio-albums: I don't even own MLOR on cd and only have tDB because a friend of mine gave it to me. For the rest I'm pretty complete in my collection...
I also kinda don't like Another brick in the wall but that's just because many people only know that song. It's a pitty for them cause Floyd made much better music than that.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

rosm wrote:I definitely don't like the post-Waters live version of Money.
I agree. On the last two tourse, the level of their live performances went downwards musically, but upwards show-wise. The PULSE concert is great to watch, but the live CDs are dull IMO. They didn't even try to make anything new with the songs... What's the use of hearing most of the Dark Side in exactly the same version as on the studio album (bar the new Money...)? They don't jam anymore.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote: They don't jam anymore.
And that is a great shame!!!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

rosm wrote: I also kinda don't like Another brick in the wall but that's just because many people only know that song. It's a pitty for them cause Floyd made much better music than that.
same here !!! :wink:
Peel Head Boc
Embryo
Embryo

Worst Pink Floyd Songs

Post by Peel Head Boc »

In no particular order:

Dogs Of War
One Slip
Take it Back
Coming Back To Life
Bring The Boys Back Home
Yet Another Movie
It Would be So Nice
The Hero's Return
A Spanish Piece [what's the point of this?]
The Grand Vizier's Garden Party!
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Last edited by bpmolder on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
crunged
Embryo
Embryo

Post by crunged »

Anything from A momentary lapse of reason or the Division bell .........oh sorry the thread was titled worst Pink floyd song :wink:

In that case Stay from OBC, the lyrics are appauling, nice tune.....lyrics spoil it to the point i have to turn off.....which is a shame cos the album is amazing!
MissFloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Worst Floyd songs

Post by MissFloyd »

David Smith wrote:Ok, this is a topic to express my opinion on the worst floyd songs.

Here are the top 10 worst:

1) The New Machine- i reckon i've said enough about this.

2) Corporal Clegg- did anyone actually like that song?

3) Take thy stephecsope and walk- this was worse than bike.

4) Paranoid eyes- this barely had a tune to it.

5) Don't levae me now- this was nausiating. So bloody boring.

6) Bike- this was almost as bad as Take thy stepescope and walk.

7) If- this was sickeningly bad.

8) Alan's psychadelic brekfast- before you defend it, can anyone even remember how this song goes?

9) Take it back- glam rock song that should never have been written.

10) Bring the boys back home- what the bloody hell was that? It's a mess that should have been cut from the album and replaced with when the tiger's broke free.

so what do you all think are the worst songs?
i like corporal clegg, a lot :)