Pink Floyd The Wall Live 1980 DVD?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Live 1980 DVD?

Post by ZepHead »

RonToon wrote:
siderealxxx wrote:Does nobody here have any links to RW or PF management who can settle the score on this once and for all?!
I do but I don't think that Mark Fenwick (Roger's manager) responds to e-mail from fans. He would probably say what we've all been told by Roger which is that he plans to release it in the near future but is busy with the current tour at this time.
Hypothesizing that the current tour will end this July, we'll probably see the release this fall.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

ZepHead wrote:What is Roger going to do with the footage of the ongoing Wall tour? As far as I know, up to 5 performances were filmed. Any quotations that allude to its release?
There have been a couple of direct quotes, but I can't remember where they are. Here is one example from Mojo magazine in 2009 (my copy is in a box somewhere): http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/n ... -wall.html

Quote from link: "Also, in this issue Roger hints about... taking the original 1980 The Wall arena show back on the road (with or without David Gilmour), more film footage of the original shows has been uncovered and is being edited right now, and the Broadway Wall show is in its fourth draft."
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

nosaj wrote:
ZepHead wrote:What is Roger going to do with the footage of the ongoing Wall tour? As far as I know, up to 5 performances were filmed. Any quotations that allude to its release?
There have been a couple of direct quotes, but I can't remember where they are. Here is one example from Mojo magazine in 2009 (my copy is in a box somewhere): http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/n ... -wall.html

Quote from link: "Also, in this issue Roger hints about... taking the original 1980 The Wall arena show back on the road (with or without David Gilmour), more film footage of the original shows has been uncovered and is being edited right now, and the Broadway Wall show is in its fourth draft."
I've been searching for the PDF version of that issue for months. Is it uploaded somewhere?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I don't know, BUT, here is another thread that alludes to another interview in 2010: http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... 23&t=22236
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

So it was being worked on by Roger back in 2010, but he abandoned it on account of the tour.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

my breakfast. wrote:Art Bell mentioned this once on his show years ago. He got to go to a private screening of Wall footage and said it was full of blatant satanic zionist imagery. They are probably trying to airbrush it all out just like they faked the moon landing.
Led Zep for their live dvd the 1970 Royal Albert Hall footage was just as dark yet it was worked on fixed up and the footage got released same with The Who 1969 at London Coliseum on the Kilburn DVD. Both really dark grainy footage :) alot of work went into them making them watchable.
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

Judging from the Immersion footage, at least one 1981 show was shot on 35 mm with anamorphic lenses. Am I right?
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

Does anyone care about the 1980/1981 footage?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

ZepHead wrote:Does anyone care about the 1980/1981 footage?
Hit the search button on this forum and you'll see.
We have miles long appreciation discussions about that.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

ZepHead wrote:Judging from the Immersion footage, at least one 1981 show was shot on 35 mm with anamorphic lenses. Am I right?
ALL of the 1981 Earl's Court shows were filmed.
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

RonToon wrote:
ZepHead wrote:Judging from the Immersion footage, at least one 1981 show was shot on 35 mm with anamorphic lenses. Am I right?
ALL of the 1981 Earl's Court shows were filmed.
So all of 13-17 June 1981 concerts were shot on 35 mm film?
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

Any updates?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

ZepHead wrote:Any updates?
I haven't heard anything lately.
But I'm looking forward to Celebration Day release in a couple of weeks as I'm sure you are as well. :D
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

me too i cant wait too watch that
ZepHead
Axe
Axe

Post by ZepHead »

RonToon wrote:
ZepHead wrote:Any updates?
I haven't heard anything lately.
But I'm looking forward to Celebration Day release in a couple of weeks as I'm sure you are as well. :D
Good guess :D Been waiting for the release for years.