Pink floyd holy grails

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink floyd holy grails

Post by Meandthem »

Harpo wrote: (...)Another recording of live "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", since we only have the Sheffield night (22-12-70), which is my favourite ROIO recording.
The matchbox that Alan uses to light up the stove to fry the bacon and eggs, would make a nice holy grail...IMO

Alan died of pneumonia yesterday in the US of A. Rest in peace, Alan.
Alan Styles passed away yesterday in a US hospital, aged 75, after suffering with pneumonia. Alan was one of Pink Floyd's main roadies for many years, and is the subject of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast on the Floyd's album Atom Heart Mother.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetableman1967 »

Wolfpack wrote:
dgsyd1 wrote:Rarest track (that we know exists), would probably be "John Latham".
She Was a Millionaire, with vocals. (Only an instrumental solo recording remains, which unfortunately contains a crash of instruments.)

Where I can find it?
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Vegetableman1967 wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:She Was a Millionaire, with vocals. (Only an instrumental solo recording remains, which unfortunately contains a crash of instruments.)
Where I can find it?
'She Was a Millionare' is lost, as recorded by Pink Floyd in 1967. Tape wiped, as far as known.
The 1970 Barrett recording (without vocals and with crash of instruments) is unreleased, only described by David Parker in his book 'Random Precision' (2001).

Another holy grail:
'Seabirds' ('More' outtake).
Only sheet music (chords, vocal melody, lyrics) is available,
and a little snippet in the movie (obscured by dialogue).
Tape is said to be lost.
Vegetableman1967
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetableman1967 »

'She Was a Millionare' is lost, as recorded by Pink Floyd in 1967. Tape wiped, as far as known.
The 1970 Barrett recording (without vocals and with crash of instruments) is unreleased, only described by David Parker in His book[/quote]

Yes , but Wolfpack wrote that. I wrote many things in a forum about "She was a millionaire".

Other Holy Grial:

Pawn to King five.

This song was only played in 1968. All is a obscure mystery.