got mail, hadn't checked

ordered

hoping theres some decent fistycuff stories in there :D
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vernon Fitch's new Final Cut book.

Post by twcc »

I've now had a few e-mails (to my general and eBay/Amazon 'on-line' purchases account) and it looks like first one was to past purchasers, the follow-up to those that expressed an interest via PFA

A bit OFF TOPIC -

I've been re-listening to TFC over the weekend and it certainly sounds good on a 5.1 system even though it is not a 'real' SACD etc
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Surely more than a few thousand people would be interested in these books? What am I missing?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

So basically this is something I've been looking forward to for years and I won't even be able to procure a copy because I didn't buy the author's previous book?
OBYKA
Axe
Axe

Post by OBYKA »

At first thought, why would they write a book about such a subpar album but it does make sense as it was a very dramatic and transitional period for the band. It would be interesting to hear more about the relationships during that period that led to the the end.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

News from PFA -
Hi Tim,

Thanks for ordering The Final Cut book.

Your copy of the book was shipped today. You should receive it in 1-2 weeks, depending on the Post Office and customs.

Enjoy the book!

PFA Publishing
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I've just looked at the prices for the Comfortably Numb book.

£25, but with £40 post and packaging. I'm sorry but I don't buy anything where the p&p is more expensive than the product itself - regardless of how good it is.

Shame, because I really want to read both of them.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:So basically this is something I've been looking forward to for years and I won't even be able to procure a copy because I didn't buy the author's previous book?
Details from Fleeting Glimpse : Doubt PFA will refuse a sale .....

And Now For Something Completely Different. PFA Publishing have announced the publication of their latest book, titled The Final Cut – A History of Pink Floyd 1982-1983. The book features an insiders look at the making of The Final Cut album, insights into the Pink Floyd recording process, an examination of the Holophonic recording process used on the album, a song by song analysis of The Final Cut album, and a glimpse into the making of The Final Cut film. It also includes a world-wide The Final Cut discography, as well as over 150 illustrations, with many rare and previously unpublished photos of the recording sessions, and pictures of The Final Cut memorabilia from The Pink Floyd Archives collection. With contributions from James Guthrie, Willie Christie, Andy Jackson, and others. This beautiful hardcover book is a limited edition of just 1,500 copies, with each copy numbered and signed by the author. The Final Cut book is a companion book to their Comfortably Numb – A History of The Wall book, and is being offered solely to their subscribers (those who purchased the Comfortably Numb book). Subscribers can purchase more than one copy of the book if they so desire. (Note: If you would like to receive the same numbered book as your Comfortably Numb book, you will need to place your order immediately and specify your book number when you order). The book costs a modest $36.95 (US) plus shipping. To order a copy of the deluxe, limited edition book, The Final Cut – A History of Pink Floyd 1982-1983 payment may be made through Paypal to [email protected] (please mention 'The Final Cut book' with your PayPal order). Alternately you can also order The Final Cut book by mail using cash, check or Postal Money made payable to PFA Publishing. Send your order to: PFA Publishing P.O. Box 123 Crystal Springs, FL 33524-0123 U.S.A. If you have any questions, please e-mail: [email protected] Please Click Here for shipping costs which should be included with your order. Footnote: There are still a few Comfortably Numb books available for sale. You can purchase one of these, which then makes you eligible to buy a copy of The Final Cut. Please contact the author for further details.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The companion volume "The Final Cut" has arrived. A beautiful book, lots of pictures, words and a wealth of detail. I'm rather busy for the rest of today so a proper look-see will have to wait until the weekend or next week.

:)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

twcc wrote:The companion volume "The Final Cut" has arrived. A beautiful book, lots of pictures, words and a wealth of detail. I'm rather busy for the rest of today so a proper look-see will have to wait until the weekend or next week.

May be that's what's waiting at the post office for me :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I purchased a copy of Comfortably Numb. Am I too late to get one of these?
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

mosespa wrote:I purchased a copy of Comfortably Numb. Am I too late to get one of these?
I wouldn't have thought so

Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

So any great bits to posted on a forum from the book yet? :-;
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I want to hear more about the alleged fist fight between Roger and David.

I'm still mad as hell I can't get a copy.