The Color of Infinity

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Re: The Color of Infinity

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Interesting pieces I've heard here!

If there's a way to order this DVD set without ordering internationally [from UK], please let me know! Or, if you reeaally want to, maybe one of you could PM me MP3s of the tracks?

Any info would be much appreciated!
OBYKA
Axe
Axe

Post by OBYKA »

Just how long does it take to get this thing?
OBYKA
Axe
Axe

Post by OBYKA »

Finally got the DVD and worth the wait. 4 excellent tracks on the "Infinite" portion of the DVD. I would say qualifies as Floyd to me. These songs hint at One of these Days...Shine On...and something different. Some would be a good fit on TER.
remiserogilmour
Embryo
Embryo

Post by remiserogilmour »

Hi everybody!

I share something I started to discuss in other forums:

Some years ago I started to be very interested about "The Colours of Infinity" soundtrack (1993) that appears on "A Tree Full of Secrets" by David Gilmour.
I started to search info about the film, I saw it and finally I got the 20 minutes extra material from the DVD with music by David (Not the one included in A Tree Fulll of Secrets, I mean the complete ones and isolated, not taken from the Film)

I was always pretty sure that the music was not only by David how it says everywhere, specially because of the similarities with The Division Bell and The Endless River (The Big Spliff). Also because It was made on the same years.

So I decided to contact NIGEL LESMOIR-GORDON, the director of the film, to ask him about this.

Finally I got his answer and He CONFIRMED me that the music is PLAYED and RECORDED by all PINK FLOYD MEMBERS (David, Rick and Nick).

I don't know if this was well known before, but I have never read a confirmation like this, and It means we have more Pink Floyd music, probably, from TBS unreleased recordings.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I have very little doubt that recorded music came from the same jamming sessions that eventually became The Endless River.

My only question here is how much of that music is unique (i.e. how many minutes, out of those 20 in total, comprises of stuff you cannot hear in some form on TER)?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

More 90s Pink Floyd music I was hitherto unaware of? Seek, locate, listen! I've always wanted to hear more from that era (I live in the eternal dream that one day The Big Spliff will be released), so if there is more to hear I need to find it, ASAP.