Lyrics

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Scottb71
Embryo
Embryo

Lyrics

Post by Scottb71 »

Hello Floyd fans...first time post...I noticed the lyrics ( Lucy in the sky ) have been used by both pink Floyd and the Beatles...just Wonderer who used them first.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: Lyrics

Post by Follix »

The Beatles, pretty much one year later Pink Floyd made a lyrical reference in ''Let There Be More Light'' and musical one in ''Point Me at the Sky''.
Scottb71
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Scottb71 »

Thanks
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Maybe the Floyds nicked them from one of the Beatles sessions they attended ;) .
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

According to Lennon, the LSD acronym was completely unintentional and went supposedly unnoticed by him until someone pointed it to him after Sgt. Pepper's release. Now this may be true or not but when Pink Floyd (Waters) used it in Let There Be More Light, it was widely considered a LSD reference by mostly everyone. I wonder if Waters, who wasn't a huge LSD user (he said he had two trip in his lifetime), made the reference about the drug or about the psychedelic imagery the original song invoked... Probably the latter but perhaps it's a nod to his first LSD trip too :-k
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Or maybe they were just on the psychedelic bandwagon. Rick said they were trying to emulate Syd during the late 60s.