Inyour opinion, whats the creepiest Floyd song or bitof song

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Inyour opinion, whats the creepiest Floyd song or bitof song

Post by ArastasHatchet »

that creepy circus music near the end of "Everything else must wait" on Division Bell is my vote whots yours?
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Inyour opinion, whats the creepiest Floyd song or bitof

Post by Annoying Twit »

One of my Turns.

Because: Violence.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

Annoying Twit wrote:One of my Turns.

Careful with that axe eugene??? also for violence
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Similarly, Don't Leave Me Now.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

UsNotThem wrote:

Similarly, Don't Leave Me Now.

- nice call
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

'Jugband Blues' (1967)
Especially the chaotic "lalalalalala" ending that suddenly cuts off, leaving Barrett all alone strumming on a guitar.

'Careful with That Axe, Eugene' ('Ummagumma' version, 1969)
Waters doing his (inhaled) screaming.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Scream Thy Last Scream was quite creepy. Would of been creepier if the sped up vocals had gone.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Middle section of Echoes.

Many years ago (to win a bet) I popped on a pair of headphones and walked through a forest in the middle of the night whilst listening to it......very creepy!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Careful with that Axe for sure.
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

FreeFour wrote:Middle section of Echoes.

Many years ago (to win a bet) I popped on a pair of headphones and walked through a forest in the middle of the night whilst listening to it......very creepy!
Yep. While I wouldn't use the word 'Creepy', there are certainly passages within that track which are quite haunting. It's always conjured up all sorts of images within my head.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

Thats awesome haha! all these songs are great, and i love the bit about the trek through the woods with echoes. Very nice, and keep 'em comin. Ive seen this topic pop up here and there for the past many years, and i always loved it, so i like to see the differences (though subttle), there definitely are songs mentioned that werent the last time i posted.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

If you want creepy...but a cool kinda creepy...and I have no doubt said this before in another thread in another galaxy far and far away somewhere on this board...play the live Ummagumma disc during a hard core thunderstorm...volume balance allowing you to hear both well. Did it myself and it was very enjoyable. They seemed simpatico and it was a nice dose of Intense.
Steel Breeze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Steel Breeze »

It's difficult look past Careful With That Axe, Eugene (especially the Ummagumma version - much more intense (and terrifying!) than the original IMO), but one that I think should be up there is One Of These Days. If you think about it, the song's only lyric, delivered in a sinister deep voice, basically says:

'Hi. Just wanted you to know I plan to cut you into little pieces. I'm not going to tell you why, or when I'm going to do this. But I will!'

To put it more bluntly, a guy wants to kill you for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Now that's creepy! However, I think about it less than I do with Eugene, probably because it was played by the post-Waters band and therefore feels like a staple rather than a one-off scary piece like CWTAE.

I also find Waiting For The Worms quite creepy, especially the bit towards the end when the crowd are chanting.mainly because it's scary how easily Pink brainwashes his audience into his fascistic way of thinking and into condoning his evil plans.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

Steel Breeze wrote:It's difficult look past Careful With That Axe, Eugene (especially the Ummagumma version - much more intense (and terrifying!) than the original IMO), but one that I think should be up there is One Of These Days. If you think about it, the song's only lyric, delivered in a sinister deep voice, basically says:

'Hi. Just wanted you to know I plan to cut you into little pieces. I'm not going to tell you why, or when I'm going to do this. But I will!'

To put it more bluntly, a guy wants to kill you for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Now that's creepy! However, I think about it less than I do with Eugene, probably because it was played by the post-Waters band and therefore feels like a staple rather than a one-off scary piece like CWTAE.

I also find Waiting For The Worms quite creepy, especially the bit towards the end when the crowd are chanting.mainly because it's scary how easily Pink brainwashes his audience into his fascistic way of thinking and into condoning his evil plans.
-and the bit in Hey You that kinda sounds like a swarm of worm-bees hahaha. i always loved that! we should make a compilation of all these together. Also, i like the thunderstorm idea in the post above.
ArastasHatchet
Axe
Axe

Post by ArastasHatchet »

ive been trying to find Wish You Were Here synced with Metropolis, and its become impossible to find. It used to be easy to find on YouTube, and now it's just gone baby gone. Anyone who has a link or info on how to find it, just sing some PF on a nearby mountain, and ill come runnin'. rotflmfao \:D/