Dubagumma - The Pale to release reggae version of Ummagumma

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bonjanee
Axe
Axe

Dubagumma - The Pale to release reggae version of Ummagumma

Post by bonjanee »

Amazing news indeed.

My second favourite band are releasing a cover album of my favourite band.

Ummagumma re-imagined as a reggae album.

https://www.facebook.com/thepalemusic/p ... 4241301416
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dubagumma - The Pale to release reggae version of Ummagu

Post by twcc »

I'll have to hunt this out ...
After 18 months of recording we are pleased to finally announce our new album ‘Dubaggumma' will be released later today. A reggae tribute to Pink Floyd’s experimental 1969 album Ummagumma, the release sees us stretching the boundaries of the classic Pale sound once again. In the tradition of the Pink Floyd classic, the album sees each member given full control over a studio track. The results we are happy to say is the band’s most far out recordings to date. You won’t believe your ears!
Track Listing:
Alka Seltzer’s Mandolin Party
Shane Wearen; 142 overdubbed mandolins evoking the pastoral feel of "The Grand Vizier’s Garden Party")
Xynomizithra
David O’Shea’s reggae take on the experimental three-part synthesiser opus Sisyphus. With guest vocals from Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry
The Coolock Way
Matthew Devereux, an echoplex, a loop station and the power of his imagination creates a slow groove version of "The Narrow Way"
Grant Mitchel’s Headshop
Aidan O’Grady re-imaging of the folk classic "Grantchester Meadows" as 5-minute ragga drum solo
Several Strippers With Small Furry Handbags Grooving Together In an Animal
Gavin O’Brien tunes up the bass, turns on the amp and drops out with this 12-minute dub version of the classic Roger Waters song “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict”
PS, is there a problem with their web site as http://www.thepale.ie seems to just display a single image ... :(
henno

Post by henno »

I love the pale!!

been a fan since the "dogs with no tails" era .... saw them last year at 'BARE in the woods' and it was such a joy to hear all the hits live.

HOWEVER

look at the date lads... 1st April !!!!!!!!
bonjanee
Axe
Axe

Post by bonjanee »

<ii> <.8.> I knew that I swear!!!

Their Facebook page says the release has been postponed until 1st April next year. Guess we will have to wait for next year for Dubagumma though. :lol: :lol:

Great to meet another Pale fan on the forum! Without going too much off on one about The Pale... they are one of the best bands ever to come out of Ireland. Criminally underrated. They also referenced the the Floyd (among others) in one of their songs, 'What Would The Smiths Do?' https://soundcloud.com/the-pale-1/what- ... -smiths-do "White light through a prism, turning into a vision that floats above the chimneys of Battersea"
henno

Post by henno »

I have a vinyl of "what would the smiths do" signed by Matthew and Shane :smt002 :smt002

the joke is a good way to get some attention for their upcoming release...... really looking forward to it.

i wont be going to vantastival this year but theyre playing and the line up looks great.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Bugger, I was hooked, I thought the release would sit nicely alongside the 2003 Easy Star All-Stars album 'Dub Side Of The Moon'

:-;
henno

Post by henno »

if you dont know the pale twcc, check them out .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUXLxop4vg

this is early stuff from the early 00's
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, this sounds really interesting. I'm disappointed that it's been delayed for a year! <.8.>