Well, This is Awkward...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Well, This is Awkward...

Post by theaussiefloydian »

So a couple of days ago, I was in town for my commencement, and I thought that whilst I had time on my hands before the ceremony I might go look around the nearby record stores. So I went in, and found a copy of Meddle. Awesome. I bought it there, as well as a copy of The Final Cut, thinking to myself I only have one more Floyd 2016 reissue to go.
Wrong.
Well, right-ish. I opened the record later that day, and what do I find? The labels on the vinyl itself say 'Atom Heart Mother'. At first I'm thinking, 'lol, they mucked up the label.' Then I looked at the record, and nope, it's Atom Heart Mother. Side A was one track and Side B was four.
So that's awkward. Anyone else had the wrong record in the sleeve when picking up the reissues? This is my first grievance with them - up until know they've been so good...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Well, This is Awkward...

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I personally haven't, but I would take it back and try to get it replaced. Even though it isn't the stores fault.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

As David said on The Division Bell 'Take it back', best of luck ... ](*,)
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I've decided to keep hold of it and put it in a frame. I've given the record a spin and I agree with everyone else. My current record player is utter crap, so I've avoided playing the reissues on it because I don't want them getting ruined. However given this one will be framed, I decided to give it a go. Wow. It sounds really good, little to no crackle.