Astoria recording studio

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rorygentry
Axe
Axe

Astoria recording studio

Post by rorygentry »

I'm planing a trip to London, and it is basically going to be music- themed. I'm hoping to visit some old guitar shops, some recording studios, concert venues, etc...

I can't find much info regarding the Astoria. I doubt there are any tours available, but can you even see it? Are the grounds around the boat open to the public, or are they private?
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Re: Astoria recording studio

Post by UsNotThem »

The grounds to the houseboat are private, the only way you'll be able to see it is if you get a boat and sail past it down the Thames.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

But there's plenty of Floyd related all around London, starting with the exhibition now...
AtomHeartBrother
Axe
Axe

Post by AtomHeartBrother »

crofloyd wrote:But there's plenty of Floyd related all around London, starting with the exhibition now...
This is pretty slick:

The Pink Floyd Tour of London

Also this:

The Division Bell cover site
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Just a few ideas after you've spent several hours at the V&A for the exhibition -

• Battersea Power Station
• Abbey Road Studios in St Johns Wood (not close to the Abbey Road tube station)
• All Saints Chruch Hall in Notting Hill
• Not PF but worth a divert, 23 Heddon Street is the location of the Ziggy Stardust album cover shoot
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

You can view the houseboat from the other side of the river very easily. It is a public park that you can stand virtually opposite. Last time I was there it was just a deserted houseboat moored on the Thames.
icywatersunderground
Embryo
Embryo

Post by icywatersunderground »

Ahh, that's how you see it! I live about a mile from Astoria and was driving past it (on the Hampton Court side) only yesterday while playing Momentary Lapse. I can never see it from there.