Fan edits?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rael076
Embryo
Embryo

Fan edits?

Post by rael076 »

Is there a list of fan edits for the band and solo? I know The Wall has quite a few fan made versions. I'm just curious to know what's out there.
Last edited by twcc on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT by twcc to satisfy the forum rules
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Fan edits?

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I don't know about a list of fan edits, but I do have one of my own that I've been working on for quite some time. It's by no means perfect, but I'm pretty proud of it. It's an extended edit of "The Wall", titled "The Last Few Bricks". If you want to listen I'll see where I can get you a link - not sure about the regulations on posting such material on the forum.
Another pretty fantastic edit of "The Wall" was put together by another member of this forum, and it's titled "The Wall Complete". It has its own website, so I recommend you check it out. It doesn't have the edit itself on it though, but the discussion the website gives is very insightful.
http://thewallcomplete.com/
AtomHeartBrother
Axe
Axe

Post by AtomHeartBrother »

Hey, @aussiefloydian,

I appreciate the link and the compliments.

Hi, @rael076,

My website has detailed breakdowns of what songs and parts of songs that were cut from The Wall to get it to fit onto 2 LPs and still sound good. It's years of research that I found told a really good story in and of itself, so that's why I put it out there. It's a long read, though. If you just want to skip to how I made The Wall Complete, here's a link that details my edits.

http://thewallcomplete.com/pink-floyd-t ... -the-wall/

The source material is protected by copyright, so I can't share it. :(
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Another good one is the Forever and Ever edit, which mixes The Division Bell and The Endless River into one album. It's a bit long as a result of that, but it's still a worthwhile listen. It's also got a couple of tracks where some extreme creative liberty was taken (such as the track titled "First in Space"), but it works really well actually.