EXPANSIONS PINK FLOYD LIVE AT POMPEII

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Shawnturner
Embryo
Embryo

EXPANSIONS PINK FLOYD LIVE AT POMPEII

Post by Shawnturner »

Hello

I use BFD3 with a roland td 11 kv with a pink floyd tribute band, we try to get done some songs of the live at pompeii, especially "Echoes"

I tried out a lot of demo packs, but it's hard to get a drum kit which sounds like Nick Masons early ludwig drum kit. There are some packs with Ludwig Toms, but there on a rack tom and a floor tom. The cymbals I take from the zildijan pack.

Any suggestions which expansion pack I could use and which Toms to take to get near to the sound of the Ludwig Drum Kit of Nick Mason in Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii, Echoes?

Thanks for any help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
Sorry no links with your first posts - Idz de rulz - Draf.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EXPANSIONS PINK FLOYD LIVE AT POMPEII

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard, why don't you ask Nick c/o his drum shop (Foote's) ... they may even offer help, guidance or sell you the items you require
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Re: EXPANSIONS PINK FLOYD LIVE AT POMPEII

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Shawnturner wrote:Hello

I use BFD3 with a roland td 11 kv with a pink floyd tribute band, we try to get done some songs of the live at pompeii, especially "Echoes"

I tried out a lot of demo packs, but it's hard to get a drum kit which sounds like Nick Masons early ludwig drum kit. There are some packs with Ludwig Toms, but there on a rack tom and a floor tom. The cymbals I take from the zildijan pack.

Any suggestions which expansion pack I could use and which Toms to take to get near to the sound of the Ludwig Drum Kit of Nick Mason in Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii, Echoes?

Thanks for any help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
Sorry no links with your first posts - Idz de rulz - Draf.

Its always difficult to reproduce a specific drum sound even with a real kit. The original sound depends on the type of kit, the tuning, and the drummers technique. Plus the room in which it was recorded or in the case of Pompeii, no room.
BFD3 is arguably the best software. I'm not an expert myself and I'm sure you know that after selecting the drum required there are loads of effects and eq you add in BFD3 to try to get something close. Unfortunately, then I guess you are going to run it through your PA speakers, changing it all again! I always say that playing an electronic drum kit is like having sex with a condom. Most of the feeling is gone but its still worth doing :lol: