The Floyd in Montreal in 1977

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

The Floyd in Montreal in 1977

Post by Spinoza »

As a great lover of Pink Floyd's "In the Flesh"-tour, i was last listening to the excellent work done by Jimfisheye, titled "Pink Floyd - Best of North American tour 1977" and released through Yeeshkul.
Listening to Blues played as a farewell in Montreal i was wondering who the musicians are. I read somewhere that Gilmour was so pissed off that he left during the encores. After money ? Or after Us and Them ? Or is this just a rumour.

A second question: During Pigs, Roger is yelling "All is forgiven", come back, etc. I always thought he was yelling to the pig, floating above the audience. But some write he is yelling at the kid ( come back pig or come back kid ?

Looking forward to your insights.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: The Floyd in Montreal in 1977

Post by jambo »

Pretty sure Gilmour sat out the Blues encore, went and hung out at the sound desk maybe?

Snowy takes over lead guitar for that one track.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

doesn't the story go that as they were playing the blues encore the roadies were clearing the stage and the last one playing was Nick. Also as jambo says Dave sat out of this encore and Snowy plaid lead.

Also those comments and many others during this tour were directed at the Pig. There is a first hand account of that show on Brain damage - http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/concerts/ ... 977-2.html

The writer seems to think that those comments were directed at the fan - but it might be a coincidence
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Yeah I think the stage tear down happening during the Blues encore is right.

Definitely sounds like it on all the bootlegs. It ends with just bass and drums?