Floyd Photo Help Needed

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Philberish
Embryo
Embryo

Floyd Photo Help Needed

Post by Philberish »

Hi all,

I'm writing a series of blog posts for a professional audio client about unusual audio equipment used on landmark recordings. One of the subjects is the use of a pair of Philips hi-fi speakers on the mix sessions for The Wall, The Division Bell and on Rogers Waters Pros & Cons album. I've found the picture below online but I can't find either a useable high-resolution version of it or who owns it (the head in the picture I believe is Andy Jackson, who I've spoken to about it. He doesn't remember it being taken).

So can anybody here help? It's been suggested to me that the image appears on the sleeve/booklet art on some versions of The Endless River. Can somebody confirm that?

Anyway, all help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Phil
philips_mfb-544_pink-floyd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Floyd Photo Help Needed

Post by twcc »

Phil, good luck with the search. The console looks like many Astoria 'studio' images but it's not an image that I specifically recognise ... regarding your request, I checked the UK issued CD&Blu-ray of the 'Endless River' and the image is NOT included in the small format hardback book contained in the box.
Philberish
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Floyd Photo Help Needed

Post by Philberish »

twcc wrote:Phil, good luck with the search. The console looks like many Astoria 'studio' images but it's not an image that I specifically recognise ... regarding your request, I checked the UK issued CD&Blu-ray of the 'Endless River' and the image is NOT included in the small format hardback book contained in the box.
Thanks TWCC, the console has been definitely identified as the Amek Hendrix at Gilmour's Astoria studio – Andy Jackson, whose head it is in the pic confirmed that for me. It's just that I can't find anything but a tiny, low-res and unusable version of the pic, and I can't establish who took it, so I can't get permission to use it anyway. Thanks for having a look in the Endless River book anyeway. That was pretty much my last hope.

P