question about Floydians

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: question about Floydians

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I have read a lot about these incidents too (though I don't remember them being specified to being on American TV), but I don't think you're likely to find videos of them on YouTube any time soon. Even if that sort of footage still exists, the quality is probably going to be pretty crummy.
Most of the incidents you allude to here weren't specifically on American TV, but they occurred a lot in the concerts that Pink Floyd gave in 1967-68. One of my favourite stories from these "episodes" (don't quote me on this as I don't remember where I read it) was once during "Interstellar Overdrive" Syd allegedly went backstage mid-track, brought back a portable stove and pan and began to fry an egg on stage, bringing his microphone close to the pan so the popping and crackling played under the song.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

I think it's safe to say that, unlike nowadays, people were not under the constant scrutiny of cameras of any and all sorts (like we have now but they did not have back then)...wherever they went...or happened to be...back in those primitive days we call the 60's. Consequently, anecdotes all too often are the best you are gonna get in regards to what happened with whomever/wherever/whenever...and even some of those may be open to question.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Plus there's also misremembering and sinister exaggerating to cover newspaper articles about what Syd had gone crazy instead of article and reports about why have Pink Floyd not only rejected their lead singer guitarist idea of two saxophone playing women and were also taking steps to kick him out.
Roger is clearly misremembering Syd's refusal to mime as I see him move his lips oohhhh those were rehearsal tapes and he did the reported uncooperative live unrecorded.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »