Comments on the new rules

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Comments on the new rules

Post by FloydNZ »

Good effort Keith......it's about time everyone
learnt to play nice :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It takes a little effort for some to be nice but I am sure we can all do it and have fun! Enjoy the forum people! :)
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

HEIL!!
mike the swede
Blade
Blade

Post by mike the swede »

Hereby I promise to follow the rules in this forum. And should I post anything in Swedish, so help me God.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Sorry but i think the rules are in fact infantile. Three rules would be enough:
1. no swearing
2. no personal attacks on other posters
3. stay on topic.

In fact with these rules, what can we talk about without being banned ?

EDITED: foreign language removed.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Spinoza wrote: In fact with these rules, what can we talk about without being banned ?
If you cant think of anything here is a start. Explore the themes contained within Dark Side of the Moon. If you don't think you can behave, you should leave the forum now so I don't have to take the trouble of clicking on your name and banning you forever.
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

i have to admit that i was hoping for the pointless waters/gilmour battle to stop, it is most irritating to witness the greatest collaboration between humans being turned into this sad situation, yet i can not agree with you Keith on banning people who will go for such battles, it is very relative what can be considered appropriate and what is not, i guess you made your point that what you really aim to is to stop gilmour bashing, as a true floyd fan i can't agree with you more and i would like to point that waters is being bashed too!
So i hope this is your only intention of the rules, i mean if you are going to ban everybody who criticises it will make you a real dictator, is that right Hitler?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moreblues wrote:i have to admit that i was hoping for the pointless waters/gilmour battle to stop, it is most irritating to witness the greatest collaboration between humans being turned into this sad situation, yet i can not agree with you Keith on banning people who will go for such battles, it is very relative what can be considered appropriate and what is not, i guess you made your point that what you really aim to is to stop gilmour bashing, as a true floyd fan i can't agree with you more and i would like to point that waters is being bashed too!
So i hope this is your only intention of the rules, i mean if you are going to ban everybody who criticises it will make you a real dictator, is that right Hitler?
I modified rule 2 to better put across what I mean.

2 - No Gilmour Vs Waters debates in threads that have the aim of putting one of them down for the sake of it. Basically, no bashing! I am more inspired by Waters and will say so on the board but will not put Gilmour down.

Banning people is a last resort and hopefully a Private Message will be sufficient in modifying behaviour. :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I was so tired of Roger v Dave that I had almost decided to not post any thing,but let us remember the first rule of free speach(I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it).We can still talk about Roger V Dave without bashing either.I also like the new look of the place.
catch22_love23
Axe
Axe

Post by catch22_love23 »

hey there, hitler,
Thanks for the energy and the thought that went into creating this list of rules. It is needed for a world wide forum. I took a break for a while because of the unpleasant attacks. Hard to even read those, let alone reply. I will do my part to refrain from my weakness - expletives. :wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

catch22_love23 wrote:I will do my part to refrain from my weakness - expletives. :wink:
I know it is hard to do but it is possible! :lol: BTW, is your avatar a Binson EchoRec? :)
jorgogi
Embryo
Embryo

ruling...

Post by jorgogi »

Hi there:

After to read the rules, I think thEy are simple and I'm agree with them, but English is not my first language, so it is hard to me understand what do you mean with the expresion TABOO NATURE :shock:

regards.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Taboo is something that the majority of people find to be disturbing, unsettling, makes them feal uneasy etc. Some people, of course, like taboo subjects like this. They are not allowed on the forum as this is a community that needs to be civil and must encourage friendly discussion. :D
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

new rules

Post by grateful pink »

I think that the rules are great. I am tired of the adversarial nature of many things in the world, especially posts on the web (not necessarily on this site as i am new)>

One can disagree without being nasty.

Take from me, I am a retired attorney (no comments please--that is why i retired, it is just messed up and too adverdarial and it's all a game of winning and losing.

The world is fueled by power and hegemony I am attempting to excise such from my life.

Thank you
Paul
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The hegemonic nature of the modern man is a cause for concern. Why can't people just get on and care for each other? Money and power.