Pulse DVD available at.....

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Pulse DVD available at.....

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

After trying to find out more about PULSE on DVD i have found that you can buy it on EBAY. I think it is being auctioned there from Germans as it has appeared to have been released there.
I have heard before that it had been released there and that the quality was poor.
The information for the DVD is that it is in 5.1 surround sound....and it is shown in 4:3 ratio (which is a plain old tv size....not widescreen).
i'm hoping that this version has just been quickly put together and released over there to keep them happy, and we are having to wait for a better quality one to be released, but it does seem for real and even has screenshots of the cover.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I suspect DVD-r is what it it from VHS.
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

I bought this item and it is obviously an unofficial release - don't bother!

See: http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for/v ... .php?t=852
mikenyc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mikenyc »

I have, what appears to be an official vcd, from Japan, of "Pulse" and "Pompeii".

I've always wanted to do a DIY upgrade to dvd, but I will wait for the official thing !

According to a David Gilmour interview in the May 2003 issue of RECORD COLLECTOR..."Pulse will come out. It's so over the top that we havent managed to do a decent test yet, getting the vision and visuals on to DVD. Pompeii isnt owned by us, we have no control over it, but its being turned into a new, groovier version. Adrian Maben, the director, said he'd find lots of extra footage but he's lost it. So he's making up lots of footage of ludicrous architectural designs of what Pompeii might have looked like. Just stick with the original ! There is lots of stuff we'd like to get our hands on, sitting some tin can somewhere in a vault. We shot the original in Italy, did cutaway shots and sound mixing in France, and then did extra shooting while we were at Abbey Road.- and the company that originally made it was German. No has an idea where the fuck it is !

There is quite a fair bit of footage in the studio during the making of 'Dark Side of the Moon'. It's a bit of a con-it wasn't the real recording. It's me sitting on a stool re-doing an overdub to 'Eclipse' with the same guitar, but when the record was actually finished. And those bits of Roger pretending to do 'On the Run' where he hadn't done it in the first place !".
Greg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Greg »

there is no such thing as an offical vcd for PF i think. and the stuff on ebay are all fakes. David Gilmour is working on the 5.1 as we speak. PULSE will be out late summer, early fall. Dont let the ebay jerks fool you into buying these "dvds" all they are is copies of the laser disc. Just wait to get the official copy with all the extras and REAL 5.1

-Greg
mikenyc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mikenyc »

It looks awfully good, for a bootleg !

I'm going to take it out again, to give it a look see !
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pulse DVD available at.....

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Comfortably_Floyd wrote:After trying to find out more about PULSE on DVD i have found that you can buy it on EBAY.
Nuff said. :|