All About Eve - Keepsakes - A Collection

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

All About Eve - Keepsakes - A Collection

Post by Keith Jordan »

Full news story here with other stuff... - http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=06&id=0228

The original indie band All About Eve are to release a 2CD retrospective album called "Keepsakes - A Collection" on 11th March 2006. It comes with a bonus DVD. They are also releasing an eSingle on March 6th 2006 to co-inside with it.

The two songs Pink Floyd's David Gilmour recorded guitar on are also included! You can listen to clips from the below. AAE's version of See Emily Play is also on this gem of a collection!

It also comes with a 16 page booklet featuring material shared by lead front woman Julianne Reagan.

Multimedia

Are You Lonely MP3

Wishing The Hours Away

Video Montage

Docs

Biography

Press Release

All material is copyrighted and used with permission. Reproduction is a criminal and civil offence.
Julianne Regan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Julianne Regan »

Hello all. Keith suggested I drop in and introduce myself and so here I am!

First of all, I'd like to thank him sincerely for giving space to talking about the album my band are releasing.
The main reason that it is mentioned of course, is that David Gilmour played on two tracks on it. I can't be 100% objective really, but in my opinion, they are two of the best tracks on the collection and his involvement on them elevated them to being two of my all time treasured moments and memories in my band's careeer.
Finally, although I have joined the forum, I'm not going to be sneaking around to see if you say anything horrid about us, so don't let me inhibit you!
Julianne.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hey there Julianne, thanks for stopping by! I havent heard the rest of your retrospective yet but I am sure they have got to be two of the best tracks! They sound great!!

Make sure you lot on the forum go out and get yourself a copy of the album on 11th March! The two CD set is only ?8.99 from Amazon and the 2 CD set with DVD is only ?12.99!!!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Welcome on the Neptune Julianne. :)
I hope you'll enjoy our litlle Floyd corner!
This is a really great place, as i'm sure you'll find out for yourself.
I'v downloaded the clips that Keith posted here.
And i gotta say that it sounds quite lovely. Great job.
Not to mention Davids involvment in all this...gives a certain magic glow on, doesent it?
Lucky you...you've met him and worked with him...if you'll meet him again, could you ask him if he needs an expirianced croatian wine stuart? :lol:

Keep up the great work!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Good to have you here, welcome :D

Going to download the clips later in the day

So tell us about Dave. How was it working with the man?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

David Smith wrote:How was it working with the man?
.... and was he wearing an "I Hate Roger" T Shirt ?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I have to admit that I've heard OF the band...but I've not heard any of their music.

:oops:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

mosespa wrote:I have to admit that I've heard OF the band...but I've not heard any of their music.

:oops:
Well there are some audio and video clips for you in the first post to listen to!
Julianne Regan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Julianne Regan »

David Smith wrote:So tell us about Dave. How was it working with the man?
Of course, it was like all my birthdays had come at once! (Which makes me about 120 years old I think ) ....But I will go into more detail when I have a bit more time.
Thanks for being so welcoming!
Julianne.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Julianne Regan wrote: Finally, although I have joined the forum, I'm not going to be sneaking around to see if you say anything horrid about us, so don't let me inhibit you!
Woops, I hope my comments on the other All About Eve thread weren't too horrid! Just listened to two AAE albums I have the other day, after a long while, and they sounded a lot better than I remembered! :D
And welcome to the forum Julianne! :)
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Welcome Julianne to Neptune....one of the nicest planets in the universe :D
Julianne Regan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Julianne Regan »

Woops, I hope my comments on the other All About Eve thread weren't too horrid! Just listened to two AAE albums I have the other day, after a long while, and they sounded a lot better than I remembered! :D
Not at ALL too horrid! I have to admit, and I promise I am not a vain woman, but when I was compiling the album, I did thoroughly enjoy what I thought might be a chore,as I'd forgptten that we were kind of 10% brilliant, 60% very good, 20% OK, and 10% just dreadful.
Should I get my coat now or...?
;-)
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Just looked at the tracklisting, and it seems very good to me (the first disc anyway, haven't heard much from the second disc, yet... :wink: ).
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

So i'm sure you get asked this all the time, but why the name All About Eve? :) Is it a biblical thing or something?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Julianne, have you any photos of the studio session/s when David Gilmour was recording with you (that you might want to share) or it taking snaps in the studio frowned upon!!?? :lol: