Metallica record with... Lou Reed?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Metallica record with... Lou Reed?

Post by oldhippy »

Lou Reed looks more like Herman Munster now he’s older.
This is just a pile of poo. Gives me a headache. I can’t find anything good about it. I’m not a Metallica fan and I have only liked a few of Reeds records. Just sounds average.

Thanks for the link David.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I saw their slaughter of White Light/White Heat. God this whole thing sucks. Metallica are like overgrown teenagers and Lou Reed looks like he can still barely play guitar. Who decided tht scooped metal guitars would work with this shit?
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

:oops:

I didn't see this before I mentioned it on the "what are you listening to?" thread.

brain fart :D

davidjay schooled me on brain farts, back in the day, lol.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

my breakfast. wrote:I saw their slaughter of White Light/White Heat. God this whole thing sucks. Metallica are like overgrown teenagers and Lou Reed looks like he can still barely play guitar. Who decided tht scooped metal guitars would work with this shit?
i saw that song on jools holland last week i agree awful song the music is all over the place shit song shit collabration :?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Metallica's onstage posing is really stupid. What is with that warrior bassist dude playing his bass down by his feet?

The whole band should have been wiped out in that tour bus crash EXCEPT Cliff, who would now be in some awesome fusion band or something. :roll:

Like I'm still expecting the Lou Reed thing to come out as a joke. It seems like a bad joke because Metallica fans won't like it, and Lou Reed fans won't like it either. It says nothing positive about the back catalogue of either artist. Seriously you could see the 'us and them' wall beween the two artists. Lou on one side with his guitar and his amp, Metallica about half a mile away with their shit and their agressive stage moves.
kanakaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kanakaris »

THIS is what Lou Reed once was :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLid-0cUcI
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The music goes no where all it is heavy riffs random drumming all over the place Metallica rocking out for some reason while Lou Read rambles on about stuff hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm catchy

Not
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

"Lulu" is a pile of utter shit. I've never heard Metallica play more sloppily. Death Magnetic was a really good album, but this is awful.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

The reviews have been quite awful...but, I am listening to the album right now and I like it. Not so strange or bad for a Lou Reed album. Metallica? I don't know what to say. I like their part good enough and really have no reason to compare it to their own albums. I am looking at this as a Lou Reed album more than anything. If you like Lou Reed, give it a try.

I was saved by Rock 'N' Roll!!!! Thanks Lou!!!
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

^ :shock: ... hang on a fucking minute ... TWO discs .... they made TWO discs !!! Wow ... so much shite from one collaboration.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

oldhippy wrote:Lou Reed looks more like Herman Munster now he’s older.
Ha, ha, that is too funny! I agree.

As a Lou Reed fan, I have to say I really don't mind this. I can make an excellent playlist of Lou Reed's albums starting with New York and ending with this album. It works for me. :smt019

EDIT: At least Lou is creating new work, unlike some other old people we know who tour nostalgia.
IgnacioMcfate
Embryo
Embryo

Post by IgnacioMcfate »

It was hard to listen... This would have worked if Lou or Metallica chose a different associate to collaborate with. They are great artists, but only on their own.
Last edited by IgnacioMcfate on Thu May 04, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I didn't mind it. The second disc is better than the first.
They tried something different and while it didn't work as successfully as it should, it wasn't a cash grab so many other bands have done.
If you've ever complained nobody is doing anything different, well they did on this album.
But the world rejected it.
And that's why they deserve safe Ed Sherran and remakes of films they've already seen.
The test audiences won. A concept album about all the pressures on modern life? Getouttahere! And change your band name to something less faggy Mr. Floyd!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

I actually really like this version of this song. And those lyrics are amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIidP_nE9VY