ROGER WATERS VS. LED ZEPPELIN

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

ROGER WATERS VS. LED ZEPPELIN

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

....im sorta drunk & stoned riugh tynow....but i've just beeen thinkng about a situation..........roger waters thinks he's all GOD and shit right...like he's the most important element of pink floyd....but i think it's cos of the personality traits of the other floyd members......now imagine if waters was the bassist for led zeppelin instead of john paul jones...you think he'd still be all f*ckin arrogant and shit as he was in pink floyd????????!?!?!?!...thinking he knows all and such...i imagine jimmy page adn robert plant would not stand for his shit........his attitude and behaviour would be so small and minimized compared to how he behaved in pink floyd...he only got away with it cos the other ofloyd members allwed it...but truly Waters was not that good at Bass and all and he did do a loty of maoning and all and write only the lyrics...Zeppelin was all about music adn very little complaints..Waters would surely fail and be totally minimzed if he was ever a bassists for Led Zepp...he would not be known as the powerhouse as he is known today....he'd be shadowed out or booted from the band if he was on in Zeppelin....

in every band you get a member who stabnds out and gets all the credit and fame such as waters but its really only cos the other members allow it or arent as strong in personality.....thats how it was with pink floyd...waters had the strongest personality and he overshaodwed all the other floyd members......page adn plant would totally fight back against it if waters tried that silly shit on them.... he'd be fooooooooooooked....gilmour just went along with it, so did wright adn mason..........

waters would be meaningless in Zeppelin..........

hionestly its all about who you start a band wiht....and how the personalities click...without gilmour, wright and mason waters would amout to shit if he was in any other band........cos his personality wouldnt stanbd against any other if he was in a band wiht othe rpeople like him or page or plant cos they were all about muscianship.....Page ve Gilmpour is not contest, we all know page is a superior guitarist and he was a MAJOR F8CKIN part of zeppelin adn he would defianlty not stanfd for Waters sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you think?? i say you puff a spliff or have a few drinks then think about it adn reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :D :lol:

ROGER WATERS YOU F*CKIN C*NT...YER MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EVEN THOUGH I DISSED YA IN THIS THREAD YER STILL A BRILLIANT FUCK!)!!!!

[/b]
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

oh, christ what a piece of rubbish! not even I could write this bad stuff.
I wish mods would delete this piece of rubbish. :D

grammar......can......be.........replaced......with....lot.......of......dots.....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

Thank God we all die.
Syd.LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by Syd.LSD »

Zeppelin... well...
The last record in John Bonham's diary was "I feel that our band will no longer exist since one of us dies and I fell its gonna be me".

2 days later he drank 2,5 liter of vodka and died.

Think of it.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Anyone else thinking he was only pretending to be stoned when he wrote that?

:lol: Just having a laugh there, no i'm not going to delete this thread mr jaffa, just going to lave it to wither and die a slow death
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

This is mad. Best "vs." thread ever!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Roger would take over Led Zeppelin too! :twisted: But I'm not drunk or stoned, so maybe I'm not thinking right.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

David Smith wrote:Anyone else thinking he was only pretending to be stoned when he wrote that?
what? i wrote that on new years........i drank champagne and smoked a joint/......the joint is what made me start thinkgin about the whole roger waters being in led zepp thing........why would i pretend.....its only weed..i didnt do heroin or anything....... :roll:
javelin
Embryo
Embryo

Post by javelin »

John Bonham would of had to kick his ass sooner or later.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

look at the thread, "Muscle Man Waters". I think Roger could kick all their asses at once! :smt062
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Re: Waters vs. Floyd (+ Zep)

jediknightdwyer wrote:As with many forum readers, I am torn between dismissing Sir. Psychedelic Soul's "Floyd vs. Zep" rant as silly or responding, and as you can see, I've decided to humor this comment after all. Sir. Psychedelic Soul, you write about Roger Waters as an arrogant jerk. Yes, he had a strong personality. He had confidence in his musical vision -one that proved to be one of the great musical visions of the 20th century. Were it not for Waters, the band would have become "Pink Flop" after Syd died. Roger ressurected the band and put it on the path that helped it became the band we all love. Do you think we'd all be here chatting in Neptune if the Floyd's legacy died with Syd? Do you believe that the Floyd would have risen to greatness if John Paul Jones were the bassist? I don't think so in either case. You put him down as only a songwriter and not a great bass player. Without good song writing, a band has little. Also remember that the 60s were a time period long before the generation of great rock bass players like Les Claypool. Keep in mind that he was the principal songwriter in one of the most successful rock bands ever with a great body of music that appeals not only to the mainstream but to us Floyd geeks. Those are his accomplishments -what have you done lately? Give the guy some credit for realizing his place in history -it's well deserved.
i agree with all the things you just said but what i was saying is that if roger waters was the bassist for Zepp instead of Floyd, he would not have been able to direct and control the band (Zepp) as much as he did with Floyd, becasue i almost guarantee that Page and Plant would have bnot put up with his sh*t....all the floyd members kind alet Waters take the lead role and direct the band in a certain direction...in Zepp waters would have lost that ability no matter how strong his personality is/was cos Page and Plant would have totally blocked him off from that power........
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

I cant believe that this crap is still here.
Roger = smart, artistic, original.
Page&Plants = stupid, stealers, air heads.

I dont see how it could have worked. :?
thepinkfloydmanuver2001
Axe
Axe

Post by thepinkfloydmanuver2001 »

roger is out of the band any way so why rub it in. and plus mister pot head. this is not an " i got stoned thread and i need sympathy or to be noticed" this is about roger, and how would you like it if i said that david gilmour could just sit on you and oops there goes your personality and ego and all that other stuff. in my opinion david would have wiped out the whole of led zepplin with all three of his stomachs so don't get all ooo eee with roger man. :!: