Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by Follix »

Well I just watched about 70% of his show in Brazil and all I can say is: HE IS BACK!

After average performance at KOKO and the BBC, Gilmour was much better today, his vocals were a thousand time better, almost too good to be true.

Same set list (minus Coming Back to Life and a lot of technical struggle during Money intro) but no doubt it was his best show along with Verona this year.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

70%? Did you watch it online?
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Yeah Periscope!
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I've watched a few short clips on Instagram of last night's show, and his vocals seem to be a lot stronger than the first leg, and his guitar playing is more refined.

I reckon he's fully settled into the tour now!

292 days until I get to see him again (it's going to be a long year).

:)
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Tonight Was as good only songs he somewhat messed vocally was Today most of the rest sounds too good to be true, almost wondering if he use playback or something... [-D-]
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

http://youtu.be/vRzwDHqKCiQ

Just seen CN footage from Brasil on Youtube. Not great footage but there's some serious audience participation going on !

This will be taken down fom YT pretty quickly I would imagine.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Yep, blocked already on YT.
But hey, It could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

FreeFour wrote:Just seen CN footage from Brasil on Youtube. Not great footage but there's some serious audience participation going on !
Brazilians are known for serious participation at concerts. :smt045
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Grrrrrrr. I had no idea you could even do this!
Follix wrote:Yeah Periscope!
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdG6vnDlIk

Seriously guys? Last time I hear him sing that song (about 2 months ago) his vocals were awful what happened? Not saying it's perfect but it's just so much better...
Andreysonj
Axe
Axe

Post by Andreysonj »

Well, I was thinking about sharing my experience with the December 14th show with some fans...

I didn't found a more appropriate place for that. So sorry about my English...

I really don't know how to explain this... You know? What happened in my life on the last week...

I am 26 years old and, I don't know, since my 15/16 years old I consider myself as a Pink Floyd fan. I bought my guitar just after saving some money, after seeing David Gilmour playing Echoes on a Live at Pompeii DVD that I bought used...

This year I was working on an article related to my masterthesis and I had an opportunity to go to a scientific meeting on Europe... But my results were not ok, but I was trying to get it... Then Gilmour annouced his tour and... OMG, he was about to play really near of this meeting, and just 2 days after... I saw on that the opportunity of my life.... But... My results didn't work for the work that my advisor proposed on our abstract... And I had to look in my fiancee's eyes (she's as fan as I am) and told her that we were not going. I was not really interested in my paper anymore, as you can see...

Then the rumours started... Well... I had no hope of seeing David Gilmour playing here, in Brazil... I dreamed about it when I was young, but then I realized that it was impossible.

I saw Waters in Porto Alegra, Brazil, and it was a really great concert... But, for me, something was still missing.

Then, on December 14th my dream came true. I saw, heard and lived an unique experience... Gilmour was right there, in front of me, followed by his great band. All those guys, that I saw so many times on my VHS/DVD's/BD, with João (the new saxophonist, who did a really amazing job)...

The new songs sounded really better live, 5 AM is a guitar lesson itself. Gilmour replaced On An Island with Coming Back to Life, I really don't know how to feel about it, but I only notice that they didn't play this when I was going home.

Gilmour is in perfect shape with his guitar. I was not expecting so fluency, he was interacting a lot with the audience Guy Pratt is a kind of sympathy himself.

Gilmour improvise a lot, Astronomy Domine became a more than 10 minutes psychedelic masterclass. Even Sorrow, that I don't like too much, became great live.

Well, I will not detail it even more, I could write a book about that concert...

I have not recovered my voice yet. I think that this time maybe it will became a serious problem, but I don't care, would do exactly the same if I have the opportunity.

I hope that someday I have a second opportunity to see David playing.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Follix wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdG6vnDlIk

Seriously guys? Last time I hear him sing that song (about 2 months ago) his vocals were awful what happened? Not saying it's perfect but it's just so much better...
He's nearly 70, he sounded great when I saw him but his vocals were noticeably strained on Jools Holland and "I'm with the banned". Also noticed at the Albert hall he had been taking what looked like cough sweets, from a compartment drawer in his guitar effects unit, perhaps he had been having throat problems.

Anyway the vocal chords are like any other muscle, the more you work them the stronger and fitter they should get so maybe he's just getting more up to speed. He certainly sounds fantastic in that video.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Andreysonj wrote:Well, I was thinking about sharing my experience with the December 14th show with some fans...

I didn't found a more appropriate place for that. So sorry about my English...

I really don't know how to explain this... You know? What happened in my life on the last week...

I am 26 years old and, I don't know, since my 15/16 years old I consider myself as a Pink Floyd fan. I bought my guitar just after saving some money, after seeing David Gilmour playing Echoes on a Live at Pompeii DVD that I bought used...

This year I was working on an article related to my masterthesis and I had an opportunity to go to a scientific meeting on Europe... But my results were not ok, but I was trying to get it... Then Gilmour annouced his tour and... OMG, he was about to play really near of this meeting, and just 2 days after... I saw on that the opportunity of my life.... But... My results didn't work for the work that my advisor proposed on our abstract... And I had to look in my fiancee's eyes (she's as fan as I am) and told her that we were not going. I was not really interested in my paper anymore, as you can see...

Then the rumours started... Well... I had no hope of seeing David Gilmour playing here, in Brazil... I dreamed about it when I was young, but then I realized that it was impossible.

I saw Waters in Porto Alegra, Brazil, and it was a really great concert... But, for me, something was still missing.

Then, on December 14th my dream came true. I saw, heard and lived an unique experience... Gilmour was right there, in front of me, followed by his great band. All those guys, that I saw so many times on my VHS/DVD's/BD, with João (the new saxophonist, who did a really amazing job)...

The new songs sounded really better live, 5 AM is a guitar lesson itself. Gilmour replaced On An Island with Coming Back to Life, I really don't know how to feel about it, but I only notice that they didn't play this when I was going home.

Gilmour is in perfect shape with his guitar. I was not expecting so fluency, he was interacting a lot with the audience Guy Pratt is a kind of sympathy himself.

Gilmour improvise a lot, Astronomy Domine became a more than 10 minutes psychedelic masterclass. Even Sorrow, that I don't like too much, became great live.

Well, I will not detail it even more, I could write a book about that concert...

I have not recovered my voice yet. I think that this time maybe it will became a serious problem, but I don't care, would do exactly the same if I have the opportunity.

I hope that someday I have a second opportunity to see David playing.
Also I love these kinds of stories. Reminds me of seeing David and Roger for the first time.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Just watched the whole show on Periscope with help from various users.. Was very worried after 5am it sounded like crap, really sounded like me (an average guitarist) trying to find notes to a song by ear could have been a kazoo. But the rest of the show was amazing (Even tho same setlist, Coming Back to Life included)

- Vocal: A bit rough during RTL and Coming back to life but the rest was pretty much flawless given his age
- Guitar: Except 5am it was very good... In fact the Comfortably Numb he did is the best I've heard on this tour, didn't hear any bum notes or anything, he totally nailed it. If you are skeptic about his guitar playing watch it!

Also David Crosby gave us some vocals on 3 or 4 songs, doing Roger's part during Comfortably Numb.