Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by MrAnderson »

Me too, High Hopes is such a special song to me, and seeing him live for the first (and only) time is truly going to be a dream come true. I became a fan a year too late, missing out on his last tour. I would die if he played something from his first album but I think it'd be more likely to see Roger join him on stage to play bass on Lost For Words...

I'm hoping for something similar to the last tour, opening with Breathe etc. into the new album, then a nice selection of Floyd/solo work afterwards. As a selfish newcomer, WYWH, Shine On, High Hopes and Comfy are on my wishlist so to speak, but would love to hear some songs he hasn't played in a long time. As much as I love Echoes, it should be left where it was left, with Rick. Wonder if there's any chance of Louder Than Words? August '68/Allons-y would be crazy, probably my favourite section of TER.

..Can you tell I'm excited? Tell you what would be amazing, a condensed version of Dogs <.8.>
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Good eye on the bell. I'm almost sure I see roto toms, so if I'm right, then Time is going to be on some setlists.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Bluenose wrote:I was out for a long walk this morning and listened to the Live at Gdansk concert on my iPOD. I was struck by the live version of Castellorizon/On an Island. I reckon that would be a great way to start the gigs.
I would very much doubt this would be the case. Each gig will more than likely start with the new album is it's entirity.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

kjek1 wrote:
Alternative 4 wrote:What about people have never seen him live before and want hear it?

i.e me.
Then you'll be more satisfied than those of us who'd rather hear something else? Odd question.

Anyway I won't exactly complain, I love the song. And actually the complaint was about being Floyd songs, that's a must, it was really just the inclusion of one he's played an awful lot. But either way it sounds great live.
It's not an odd question. Your comment suggests someone who is spoiled by seeing an artist too many times. Not everyone has the same opportunities to do so.
Bluenose
Axe
Axe

Post by Bluenose »

Jack Dempsey wrote:
Bluenose wrote:I was out for a long walk this morning and listened to the Live at Gdansk concert on my iPOD. I was struck by the live version of Castellorizon/On an Island. I reckon that would be a great way to start the gigs.
I would very much doubt this would be the case. Each gig will more than likely start with the new album is it's entirity.
The 2006 tour started with a couple of Floyd songs and then the 'OAI' album was played. That was what I meant to suggest might happen this time too for the 1st half of the show - the two I mentioned previously and maybe something from one of his other albums, then the new album. I should have been a bit clearer on my original post, but I'm getting ridiculously excited on the run up to these gigs!
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Only four more days until we get to know the official setlist!

:D
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Alternative 4 wrote: It's not an odd question. Your comment suggests someone who is spoiled by seeing an artist too many times. Not everyone has the same opportunities to do so.
No it's a stupid question. I mean really stupid, there's only one answer isn't there?

I'd rather hear something he hasn't played so often, as much as I like that song even on the last tour i wouldn't have minded hearing something else. For those who want to hear it and have never heard it they will obviously be happy right? I can't believe I even justified that crap with an answer.

Ps I've seen David on ONE tour, just to highlight how moronic that is.
brell
Blade
Blade

Post by brell »

raisemyrent wrote:fat old sun might remain on the list. it's one or maybe his first song written for the Floyd, it's romantic, and it showcases his singing, song-writing, lyrics, and acoustic and electric guitar playing.
Fat old sun is not his first song written for PF. Everybody seems to forget the 1 minute 11 seconds "A Spanish Piece" on More.

I don't think Waters will join him on any of the shows although it would be nice. He has said in an interview that "The Endless River" is impossible to do on a concert because Rick is gone, so I doubt it very much that he will play anything from TER. But of course there will be a tribute to Rick, perhaps "Remember a Day", "Paintbox" or "It Would Be So Nice". "Wearing The Inside Out" is also a good possibility.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

A few thoughts. ...the last tour actually started with the whole of on an island. The Breathe/Time medley was only added in the US dates. The division bell has has been seen at rehearsals so seems high hopes will be included. I can see On the turning being included as well......apt for recent times. Although very high to sing it seems. Whole of Rattle of course. ....perhaps Have a cigar, Allons y, Louder than words. ....may start gig w Shine on then go into the new album.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

If Dave is gonna play a song called 5am, it would be awesome to hear him playing 5:01 am as well, which was a song he declined to be a Pink Floyd album in 1978 :-)
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

I'd love to see Interstellar Overdrive as his salute to the old days. Not sure there's much chance of that though.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

From the pictures I saw, the show is 2h 30 long! (+20 minutes interval)
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Pictures of what?
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

learningtofly wrote:Pictures of what?
It was on Twitter, from Brighton Center...

I even saw some live streaming on Periscope (but now it's over and the show wasn't started yet)
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

learningtofly wrote:Pictures of what?

:)