pompeii 7/8 july

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

pompeii 7/8 july

Post by everton1690 »

<.8.>
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: pompeii 7/8 july

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Former Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour will perform in the preserved ancient Roman town of Pompeii this summer, Italy’s culture minister has announced.

The psychedelic British rock band that propelled Gilmour to fame made a film in 1971 at the site, which lay buried under ash for more than 1,600 years after nearby Vesuvius erupted in AD79.

“Agreement reached. After 45 years David Gilmour will play again at Pompeii on 7 and 8 July,” culture minister Dario Franceschini tweeted.

It is likely Gilmour will play at the site’s amphitheatre rather than the Large Theatre where the documentary Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii was made, a spokesman for the town said.

The stone amphitheatre was built to hold gladiator fights more than a century before Rome’s Colosseum and can hold about 2,000 people.

Gilmour, 70, will have an audience this time, having played to an empty theatre over four days to film the documentary.

The concerts have not been listed on Gilmour’s official website. On 10 and 11 July he is due to play in a first-century Roman amphitheatre in Verona, northern Italy.

Elton John is also scheduled to perform at Pompeii in July.
brell
Blade
Blade

Post by brell »

Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I hope he plays ''Echoes'' and/or ''One of these days'' and/or ''Careful with that Axe''!
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Follix wrote:I hope he plays ''Echoes'' and/or ''One of these days'' and/or ''Careful with that Axe''!
Can't see Echoes being played without Rick.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I don't mind what he plays, just as long as he duets with a dog.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Is anyone on here thinking of going? Tickets will be like rocking horse shit. 2 gigs with 2,000 fans each night <.8.>
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

Jack Dempsey wrote:Is anyone on here thinking of going? Tickets will be like rocking horse shit. 2 gigs with 2,000 fans each night <.8.>
Yes. :D You too?
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

snifferdog wrote:I don't mind what he plays, just as long as he duets with a dog.

Yes, please. Get Kahn on the Mademoiselle Nobs parts, it'll be amazing.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Jezebelly wrote:
Jack Dempsey wrote:Is anyone on here thinking of going? Tickets will be like rocking horse shit. 2 gigs with 2,000 fans each night <.8.>
Yes. :D You too?
I'm going to try for tickets tomorrow. Fingers crossed :D
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

Wishing you very good luck Jack Dempsey!

It's going to be EPIC!
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Jezebelly wrote:Wishing you very good luck Jack Dempsey!

It's going to be EPIC!
Thanks <ii>
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Passing up the chance to get tickets for this was excruciating.

But the cost is just crazy, and I'm probably not the only person who feels that way because there are still tickets left!
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

kjek1 wrote:Passing up the chance to get tickets for this was excruciating.

But the cost is just crazy, and I'm probably not the only person who feels that way because there are still tickets left!

EXCRUCIATING is exactly the word!
I was on the site the minute the tickets went on sale and still trying to make up my mind. But decided in the end to pass
From reading the hotel reviews Pompeii seems to be a dump. I did find a nice hotel in a nearby town about 6km away but then we would be into hiring a car on top of the already expensive EURO 700 for two tickets, plus hotel and plus flights.
If they had anounced this tour in a proper manner instead of bit by bit I might have gone for it but I already have Poland and UK.
I saw Floyd in the 70's plus the original Wall shows in London plus Berlin and lots inbetween then and now. This would have been a fitting end really. I really should be there. Must be getting toooooo sensible in my old age.
Effektor
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Effektor »

Passed on this too after much back and forth. Crazy prices. Was at RAH last year and going there again in September so that will have to do. That being said I'm sure it will be an absolutely epic event.