The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

Post by azza200 »

an excellent recording from the 29th doing the rounds if you know where to look online
61GT
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 61GT »

azza200 wrote:an excellent recording from the 29th doing the rounds if you know where to look online
I was there with both my sons on the 29th, fantastic evening. Can you give me a clue where to look or pm me a link.

Thanks, George
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

61GT wrote:
azza200 wrote:an excellent recording from the 29th doing the rounds if you know where to look online
I was there with both my sons on the 29th, fantastic evening. Can you give me a clue where to look or pm me a link.

Thanks, George
Seconded please. I was also there on the 29th, and a customary search of keywords didn't show up anything for me. Many thanks.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

its a torrent site not going to say as PFM watch the site but a well known one begins with a Y
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

metanoia wrote:
raisemyrent wrote:corsyb and nash were there last year on the 1 night, and I was lucky to see them. they sang on an island and the blue as far as I recall. then came back for comfortably numb, I think. they were the only other guest at the RAH shows so far (both years). maybe the reviewer screwed up, or maybe the review is recycled from last year.

I really sensed an overwhelming feeling of finality at the last night, I was in tears numerous times throughout the night, and looking around I wasn't the only one. Fat old Sun was incredible, you could really see the enjoyment of the whole band as the crowd got to their feet. Comfortably numb solo was sublime, the best I've ever heard it. I hope and pray to god (aka David Gilmour) that it's not the last time I hear him play it live.

I would have to agree with that "Fat old Sun" was a real hi-light.
At the end of Numb it was as if David had thought, "Loads of people cover this now, so I'm gonna play the solo, longer, harder, faster and louder than anyone"!!! Awesome
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

last song at the last show of the tour. Probably won't last long....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcANNpwVnA
T0PCAT
Embryo
Embryo

Post by T0PCAT »

I have just returned from seeing David at Royal Albert Hall last Friday; concert was brilliant. I was also there in September 2015.

I want to ask for your help. I wish to buy an official print/poster of David Gilmour London 2015, however it is no longer available. There is a 2016 poster which I have already got, but its the 2015 (Royal Albert Hall) one I really want.

I have tried davidgilmour.com but they are sold out.

Does anyone know where I might get hold of a copy of his London 2015 poster?
Last edited by T0PCAT on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

grahamk wrote:last song at the last show of the tour. Probably won't last long....

Oh wow! 70 years old, he is unbelievable

It bugs me that he extended that solo even more though because that really does hint at him never doing this again
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Woah! I'm speechless :o
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

kjek1 wrote:
grahamk wrote:last song at the last show of the tour. Probably won't last long....

Oh wow! 70 years old, he is unbelievable

It bugs me that he extended that solo even more though because that really does hint at him never doing this again

I was going over my own personal video of this just last night. As close as you were the other night (3rd person away from him; fun fact, a mate was the 1st closest and got a pick), and it gave me goosebumps. It was every dream for a CN solo I've had since I heard the PULSE version. OK, dream would be PULSE with Roger and lasers and mirror ball, but reality check. He did some licks kjek1 I'm sure you noticed that he hadn't really done since PULSE as far as I know, I'm thinking the 3 string bit when the mirror ball opens in PULSE. Mr Brickman picked up on it right away and turned on the lasers, a bit purple in hue. He was outright givin her, improvising and just crying out on his guitar, keeping going instead of ending it as he normally has for the last 10+ years. Seeing his facial expressions and body language throughout was priceless too. I'm so happy to have been there. I wish I could be moved to tears in the moment like other people but I have accepted that I don't have to for it to have been one of the highlights of my life. I'll post some screenshots from my phone video later when I am home (I have the whole encore set as 1 video).
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

You're correct though he did indeed include some licks not heard since pulse!

Damn I didn't see him give a pick away when I was there! I wish I'd thought of that! Best night ever, here's another one of my pictures

Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

Dammit. Muted already. Is it available anywhere else?
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

It didn't take long for them to mute it. :-(

Sorry about that. I will work on getting it posted somehwere else. Maybe with better audio.
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

Glorious! Many thanks... :D <ii>