The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

Post by kjek1 »

Goosebumps!

Thank you for this
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

And it's already gone
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

grahamk wrote:Hello all - we are making the journey to London from Colorado to see Gilmour at the RAH. We have tickets for Friday and just yesterday were able to get tickets for Thursday. FYI - there appears to be seats available for all nights right now at the box office.

This will be the 5th and 6th time seeing Gilmour solo for us. We saw "On An Island" tour 2 nights at Radio City Music Hall and earlier this year saw 2 shows at the Hollywood Bowl.

I am curious if anyone would happen to know how will call is being handled at these shows? Can tickets be picked up earlier than showtime for later entry, or do you have to enter the Hall right after picking up tickets at the box office?

Also curious what people think of seats in the Stalls - section G seats 1&2. They are marked "restricted view" but seem very close to the stage to me - perhaps the screen is what you cannot see? That is where we were able to get tickets for Thursday night's show.

Thanks! Graham
HI! I went to RAH for the 29th and 30th from Colorado too! Nice to know there are more fans from here to make the trek! What a spectacular tour! And what a gorgeous venue!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I was just listening to Sorrow from the last night, and oh man. Absolutely bonkers solo; tbh not like anything since '94. Such a special concert.
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

Jezebelly wrote:
HI! I went to RAH for the 29th and 30th from Colorado too! Nice to know there are more fans from here to make the trek! What a spectacular tour! And what a gorgeous venue!
Awesome! When we saw the Hollywood bowl shows this spring we were surrounded by people from Colorado. David should have played at Red Rocks!!!!!
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

kjek1 wrote: And it's already gone
Yeesh!!! ;-)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

raisemyrent wrote:I was just listening to Sorrow from the last night, and oh man. Absolutely bonkers solo; tbh not like anything since '94. Such a special concert.
the 29th & 30th both had epic solos on Sorrow the 30th version is amazing so much improvisation
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Cumberbatch was on BBC Radio 2 this morning talking up his new movie.

Topic of singing CN with David at the RAH came up in conversation. Benedict said that they had met socially a few times and David had subsequently sent him a text inviting him to sing the part.

He thoroughly enjoyed the experience and talked very highly of David's talent.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

grahamk wrote:
Jezebelly wrote:
Awesome! When we saw the Hollywood bowl shows this spring we were surrounded by people from Colorado. David should have played at Red Rocks!!!!!
Did you happen to catch the Brit Floyd at Red Rocks this year? It was woefully incomplete after having seen the real deal so recently.

Anyway, maybe I'll bump into you at a show one of these days. ;)
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

What do you mean incomplete? I always enjoyed Aussie Floyd but going to tribute bands after actually seeing Gilmour would be deflating
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

kjek1 wrote:What do you mean incomplete? I always enjoyed Aussie Floyd but going to tribute bands after actually seeing Gilmour would be deflating
I did exactly that around a week after the last Gilmour show. The gig was at the same venue too! I can only describe the whole event as underwhelming to say the very least.
Although BF were very good, my heart wasn't in it for 98% of the show.
A very strange experience looking back but it was all way too soon for me.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

What's the deal with not being able to reply on certain threads on here?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

kjek1 wrote:What's the deal with not being able to reply on certain threads on here?
Do you have an example?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Keith Jordan wrote:
kjek1 wrote:What's the deal with not being able to reply on certain threads on here?
Do you have an example?
Yeah mate sorry! I haven't been able to respond on my Gilmour retired thread for a couple of days
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Works for me, you are off your head! :lol: