New album of David after Rattle that Lock ?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Haytar
Embryo
Embryo

New album of David after Rattle that Lock ?

Post by Haytar »

Is David Gilmour already working on a new album ?

1)In 2015 David in a interview to Uncut magazine said: "“And I’ve got another record on the go. Rattle That Lock came out of a font of stuff so I don’t think it will be that long before another one comes out. I’ve got the best part of another album stewing away" - https://i.imgur.com/mRFMR9Eg.jpg on the last page.

2) David in this interview to TorontoSun, said: “I have some music that is half prepared,” he said. “But I promise I will get down to it quite soon.” - http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/30/pi ... -new-music

3) To BBC, David once again said that he is planning to return to studio after Rattle that Lock tour - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0419mpn

What do you think ? Its real that David really have uma more album in his plans. Maybe in 2017 or 2018 ?
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: New album of David after Rattle that Lock ?

Post by Follix »

He said he was working on 25 songs...

So yeah I expect another record but he has been very quiet since the end of his Tour.

Update: Just went on Polly's instagram, probably the best way to find fresh info and found this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNCuYkJB1Ra ... n_official

Looking like a great sign, doesn't it?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

That's just some no mark 2 bit musician Dave's helping out
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've posited this notion before on older forums, but guys like Guy Pratt and Gary Wallis and Jon Carin have "been in Pink Floyd" for about thirty years now. Carin has also worked with both Gilmour solo and Waters solo.

One of the big points made in the original live presentation of The Wall was that they could have sent out anonymous musicians and few, if any would have noticed. What if that's ultimately the plan?

It might seem ridiculous, in light of the many (some quite good) Pink Floyd tribute bands out there, to allow Pink Floyd to become it's own, sanctioned tribute act...but what if the idea is to keep growing the catalog? "Keep The Legacy Alive," as it were by having Pink Floyd become a sort of "orchestra" which musicians of a certain inclination can belong to, in a way that never happened with Beethoven, Mozart and the like. Form a sort of lineage of musicians who were hand selected by those who came before them.

"90's acoustic style"

So...not unlike large portions of "The Division Bell?"

It's just an idea.

One which I think I'm going to go do something else with now.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Or the MLOR sessions......everyone from Carmine Appice to Bob Ezrin played on that!

I think it could be the way forward, where by a former key member oversees the on going development, selecting members they see fit to continue the heritage.

I'm sure a new LP will emerge next year some time.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I was hopeful given the comments immediately after Rattle That Lock. However, there's no real news. I presume that David will release something at some time, but I'm not holding my breath for a 2017 release.
pink_mala
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pink_mala »

It would be awesome! If it turn out true I will definitely buy the album!