Rattle Tour Dvd/CD Release

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Rattle Tour Dvd/CD Release

Post by learningtofly »

Any news on this, ?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Rattle Tour Dvd/CD Release

Post by kjek1 »

Nothing. I'm not even aware of any of the gigs being professionally shot

I do know however that the guy who makes the little documentaries for his DVDs went with him on the tour so there's bound to be "something"
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

wasn't Pompeii filmed for a dvd?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

learningtofly wrote:wasn't Pompeii filmed for a dvd?
Pompeii was filmed but all shows were pro shot by the band even when no live video was on mr screen cameras were still operating. But Pompeii was shot both nights and so was Wroclaw which was live tv broadcast
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I believe there were also cameras at some of the London gigs.

Hopefully we get a Pompeii AND London release.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I hope the last date of the RAH gigs were filmed. Comfortably Numb's final solo from that night rivalled that on Pulse, I was absolutely blown away.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Dave was on fire for all of those RAH gigs but the way he played CN in the final show was a bit special
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

I've seen like 60% of the Tour via streaming, and agree the last show was an amazing CN version indeed. I mean he had some struggles during the Tour, it was very inconsistent in the first leg, then he came back stronger in South America, to be somewhat inconsistent in North America and came back much stronger during the last leg.

I can also remember he nailed Sorrow in LA Bowl and the show I assisted in Toronto I was blown away by Faces of Stone.
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

Follix wrote:I've seen like 60% of the Tour via streaming, and agree the last show was an amazing CN version indeed. I mean he had some struggles during the Tour, it was very inconsistent in the first leg, then he came back stronger in South America, to be somewhat inconsistent in North America and came back much stronger during the last leg.

I can also remember he nailed Sorrow in LA Bowl and the show I assisted in Toronto I was blown away by Faces of Stone.
I was at the penultimate night at RAH, London. I've been trying to find the final night CN without joy, as everyone keeps commenting on it. For me, Sorrow on the penultimate was the best I've ever heard. On the end solo, the note he sustains before that last divebomb... Christ... he sustained it for so long I just started to laugh... amazing! In Any Tongue was also barnstorming. CN was amazing, but I want to hear the final night's version to see how it compares...!
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Great posts, cheers! do you have links for any of those amazing performances ? I gave up looking on YT as everything seems to get removed, and there’s only bits of songs left.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

azza200 wrote:
learningtofly wrote:wasn't Pompeii filmed for a dvd?
Pompeii was filmed but all shows were pro shot by the band even when no live video was on mr screen cameras were still operating.
Could someone please rephrase it because I'm not following :/
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

rephrase it, following not ... where's Yoda

:-;
Pompei Mick
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pompei Mick »

Pompei was indeed filmed, I was there on the second night and the cameraman was walking around the crowd and filming from different angles. There was a sign on the gates outside stating that it was being filmed and there was also a drone flying around the back of the amphitheater. It was a truly sublime venue, music, lasers, fireworks and fires that was lit around the top of the venue on the second half of the show. It will be great if/when it comes out on DVD for the people who were there on any of the nights but also for the fans who were not there. <.8.>
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

A drone in 1971? If what you're saying is true, I would love to shake hands with you :)
wasteland
Embryo
Embryo

Post by wasteland »

Neil wrote:
Follix wrote:I've seen like 60% of the Tour via streaming, and agree the last show was an amazing CN version indeed. I mean he had some struggles during the Tour, it was very inconsistent in the first leg, then he came back stronger in South America, to be somewhat inconsistent in North America and came back much stronger during the last leg.

I was at the penultimate night at RAH, London. I've been trying to find the final night CN without joy, as everyone keeps commenting on it. For me, Sorrow on the penultimate was the best I've ever heard. On the end solo, the note he sustains before that last divebomb... Christ... he sustained it for so long I just started to laugh... amazing! In Any Tongue was also barnstorming. CN was amazing, but I want to hear the final night's version to see how it compares...!
I definitely agree! I was at the RAH at the penultimate show, and subsequently got a stark recording of that night and of all the other night from the final London stretch of the tour. I might be suffering from the "attendance-bias", but I sincerely think that the solos on the 29th were better than those on the 30th, despite being a tad shorter. Nothing to complain about the solos of the last night, very long, imaginative and emotional, but I just feel that those performed on the 29th were just a smidgen more inspiring. My favourite are:

- In Any Tongue: just amazing, unbelievably well connected in all its parts. Definitely felt like a coherent piece, rather than an improvisation.
- High Hopes acoustic solo (not slide!): he just found the perfect melody near the end. Emotion wise this is IMO superior to the two (amazing) released 2006 performances.
- Coming Back To Life 2: another very coherent and slightly different than usual solo.
- Sorrow: Extra long and again extremely well-connected in all its parts. Been listening to this one for about six months, it never fails to send chills to my spine.
- Comfortably Numb: Maybe the least "groundbreaking" of these listed, but it did feature an unexpected resurgence of the "screaming" guitar part near the end that had been absent I believe since the Division Bells days. Shorter than 30th, but I feel again more coherent.

As I said there is an exceptionally sounding audio bootleg of the 29th concert (and another one for the 30th from the same authors), but unfortunately there is very little video material available from that date. I do hope something official comes out of it, as I feel it was probably one of the best nights of the tour (if not the best) of all these that yielded audience recordings of any kind.