October

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

October

Post by mastaflatch »

A laconic video has been posted on Roger's facebook today. It's called "October...", it's black and white footage of flying pigs from, I'd guess, a Roger Waters gig over Brain Damage (Pink Floyd version). At the end, there's the word "October" over a semi-faded red background. Anybody knows what it's about precisely?
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: October

Post by jtull »

Maybe this...?

Roger Daltrey confirms megafestival with the Who, the Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney

Tthe organisers of the Coachella festival in California announced plans to put on a three-day mega-festival with just two acts per night: Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney on the first, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young on the second, and the Who and Roger Waters on the third.

The show is believed to be taking place at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California – the Coachella site – from 7-9 October.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Oh I think you guess right! I thought it was earlier than that [-D-]
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

There's also some wild speculations concerning a potential Floyd reunion listing the three flying pigs and the lyrics "Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs got to keep the loonies on the path" as hints. Let's not go crazy here but...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I will be in USA in October time, I may have to swing by! 8)
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

mastaflatch wrote:There's also some wild speculations concerning a potential Floyd reunion listing the three flying pigs and the lyrics "Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs got to keep the loonies on the path" as hints. Let's not go crazy here but...
Seriously why not?

I know for some fans out there, it's the dream of their lives, I don't care that much even tho it would be fun but if we are being realist it's not gonna happen after 2018 for sure... So there is only 1 or 2 years left for it. Jon Carin would be a totally legitimate choice at the place of Rick.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Folks, remember what Roger said some time ago: "I am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that's 29 years ago. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." :D

So, no reunion. :-;
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

^ Doesn't mean much... There was still a reunion 11 years ago even tho he was ''out'' of the band.

I don't necessarily think it will happen but obviously if it has to happen it will be within the next 2 years.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Didn't David say in a recent interview that he was getting along fine with Roger now? I can't see a reunion ever happening, but just food for thought.

Regarding the teaser, I'm hoping that the festival gig is a warm up for a bigger tour! I can definitely see it happening! :D
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

This is way different, IMHO.

The greatest acts of all time are playing (The Who are a level down from Dylan, the Stones and Young, but whatever).

And three pigs? Come on. So obvious.

It's a Floyd reunion alongside McCartney and the Rolling Stones. That's why Roger is closing out the entire festival.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

It's nothing to do with Floyd, it's that mega festival thing that was rumoured

Yesterday Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney both had vids online which said "October..." So that's what it is
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

What I don't get is those ''Shine On'' add with the name of all three of them tho... Unless you tell me it's fake.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Follix wrote:What I don't get is those ''Shine On'' add with the name of all three of them tho... Unless you tell me it's fake.
I haven't seen that - do you have a link?
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

kjek1 wrote:It's nothing to do with Floyd, it's that mega festival thing that was rumoured

It has nothing to do with Floyd, yet it features their chief live pioneer, songwriter, lead vocalist, art designer, lyricist and conceptualist?
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Flathead wrote:It has nothing to do with Floyd, yet it features their chief live pioneer, songwriter, lead vocalist, art designer, lyricist and conceptualist?
Oh, did you mean Sid ? :-;

Just Kidding :D