Roger's Views on Donald Trump

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger's Views on Donald Trump

Post by Follix »

^ Yeah but a president can't start nuking the whole planet for no reasons, at best he would be killed by his own security before even trying, at worst orders wouldn't be followed but the ''red button'' is more or less a myth.

It all comes down to money, and in the US the legislative is much more powerful than the executive and it's totally rigged by lobbies because corruption is basically legal anyway.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mosespa wrote:Nope. I'm implying that as a subscriber to Collectivist Philosophy, Roger Waters is full of shit when it comes to politics.

So he has a keen interest in politics. I have a keen interest in marijuana but am not about to start growing my own, nor would I deign to suggest how a successful grower should alter his technique.

He may live in Manhattan, but if you know your Floydian history at all, then you know that he came from and spent a great deal of his life in England; a lot of it in Cambridge.

I've lived in the US my whole life. By your reasoning, this makes me infinitely more qualified than he to discuss American politics.

I'm no Trump supporter, but I've been following this event closely enough to know that the guy who was awarded a medal by Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Coalition for his work helping minorities is probably not much of a racist. Look at that evil raaaaaaaaaacist daring to stand next to Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks like that!

http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... igrant.jpg

I've also looked at and listened to the comments he's made, very closely, I might add and I see no racism; just something that Libtards can latch onto and cry "raaaaaaaaacist" like a bad bicyclist with a skint knee (which is the American Liberal way.)
I suppose it would depend on your age though, there's still a chance Rogers lived there longer than you.

By the way your notion that he can't be racist based on that is hilarious. I'm not defending Hillary though, I think she's loathsome, but in far better condition for running a country.

Libtards? Ah so you're on the far right. Are you one of the republicans who'd rather keep out dated Gunlaws than attempt to reduce the number of massacres?

Sorry mate but I don't follow your reasoning, Rogers an intelligent guy who's been about, he's always written political songs, to pipe up now because his views don't suit your own personal agenda that looks......well never mind, you get the idea though
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Follix wrote:^ Yeah but a president can't start nuking the whole planet for no reasons, at best he would be killed by his own security before even trying, at worst orders wouldn't be followed but the ''red button'' is more or less a myth.

It all comes down to money, and in the US the legislative is much more powerful than the executive and it's totally rigged by lobbies because corruption is basically legal anyway.
Fair points - but you can take the "red button" thing as a metaphor anyway. No matter how you look at it, POTUS is still a pretty crucial figure when it comes to world peace.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

In theory yes but in real life I doubt it... Anyway not certain Hillary is ideal for world peace. Don't take me wrong, Trump is obviously an idiot but I just don't find Hillary more appealing in any way.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I find that staggering. She at least has political experience and can conduct herself in an adult manner, she's also outlined some form of plan for the future while Trumps provided little bar his grotesque wall proposal.

Hillary is vile, but to me still clearly the lesser of the two evils.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Yeah but Trump got no clue what it means to be president he would be disappointed, Hillary just knows too much about it.

I will never be able to go over the fact she is serving Saudi Arabia's interest.

On paper I prefer her interior policies, but what it would transfer in real life? Big line beside what she says to get elected and what she would do, same thing for Trump by the way.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kjek1 wrote:1. I suppose it would depend on your age though, there's still a chance Rogers lived there longer than you.

2. By the way your notion that he can't be racist based on that is hilarious. I'm not defending Hillary though, I think she's loathsome, but in far better condition for running a country.

3. Libtards? Ah so you're on the far right. Are you one of the republicans who'd rather keep out dated Gunlaws than attempt to reduce the number of massacres?

4. Sorry mate but I don't follow your reasoning, Rogers an intelligent guy who's been about, he's always written political songs, to pipe up now because his views don't suit your own personal agenda that looks......well never mind, you get the idea though
1. I was released into the world on the same day as Atom Heart Mother (October 10, 1970.) There's no way Roger has lived in America longer than I have, sorry.

2. I'll grant you, on a technicality, that it is possible for one to be racist, yet still do things which help the people which one hates because it makes one look better in the public eye; look at Lyndon B. Johnson. *shrug*

However, what you may not be aware of is the fact that right up until the moment he chose to run for President, The Donald was a Democrat...which still doesn't make it impossible for him to be racist in his private life, but given the money he's donated to "minority" charities and the other things he's done which are a matter of public record, he'd have to be QUITE the hypocrite to be racist.

Again, I've read his comments and listened to the things people claim that he's said for which they label him a racist and he's being misquoted. My eyes (which read what people SAY that he's said) and my ears (which hear the things he ACTUALLY said) work quite well and he's simply being misquoted to play to peoples emotions.

You don't have to take my word for it, you clearly have the internet; you can research it for yourself, if you choose.

Like I did.

3. I'm only on the far right to Libtards. People on the far right think me Liberal. *shrug*

I'm really an anarchist; but yes, I'd rather keep the "outdated" gun laws rather than reduce the alleged "massacres" (more people in the US are killed by hammers than by guns, but that upsets the Libtard narrative, so we don't discuss that.)

Also, I'm a misanthrope, so the massacres don't really bother me, anyway. Just thinning out a herd which desperately needs it, imo.

4. "To pipe up now"???

You're clearly new around here. You might want to dig a little deeper into the forum before making such ignorant statements, mate. I've been piping up for probably longer than you've been alive.
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Post by Phantom Turnip »

mosespa wrote:Also, I'm a misanthrope, so the massacres don't really bother me, anyway. Just thinning out a herd which desperately needs it, imo.
[-D-] [-D-] [-D-]
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Phantom Turnip wrote:
mosespa wrote:Also, I'm a misanthrope, so the massacres don't really bother me, anyway. Just thinning out a herd which desperately needs it, imo.
[-D-] [-D-] [-D-]
He's a moderator on an Internet forum so I hope you're applauding the irony more than anything!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Moderators are meant to make sure people behave in an appropriate fashion, no?

One can do that without thinking that humans are perfect and sacred.

Congratulations, kjek1, your arrogance exceeds my own...and that's a bit of a feat.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

And people say I'm an underachiever!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Now, now, now! Let's just chill over this. The hope may not be there but I'm seeing the same sort of expectations that were for Obama before his Presidency.
Just not from the same people who supported Obama!
We can still be friends and talk it over. Why does everything have to be heightened? The only people who can do anything are the American voters.
I can comment and you can comment as much as Roger can.

Anyway, the UK is supposed to be under a Conservative government. With new laws etc. Hmm, interesting, but I'm going to carry on doing what I'm doing.
And if the Democrats didn't kick Sanders to the kerb they wouldn't be in the shit their now in!
But of course that's none of my business.
<ii>
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kjek1 wrote:And people say I'm an underachiever!
Someone called me an overachiever once.

We'll split the difference and meet in the middle. :smt033
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Also, you guys are right...he has the right to say whatever he likes; I fully support his right to make a jackass out of himself, if that's what he wishes to do.

And it does seem to be what he wishes to do. *shrug*
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mosespa wrote:
kjek1 wrote:And people say I'm an underachiever!
Someone called me an overachiever once.

We'll split the difference and meet in the middle. :smt033
I could have been an overachiever but I don't like to make others feel bad ;)