Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Re: Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

Post by mastaflatch »

danielcaux wrote:What can I get for 100 bucks?

Seriously, that's how much I'm willing to pay for a concert.
Yup, that's how I see it too, at least for a rock concert. There's a very short list of artists that would justify a steeper price for me:
- Jimi Hendrix
- Billie Holiday
- Glenn Gould
- The Beatles circa 1968
- Pink Floyd w/Rick and Roger post Live8

The baby boomer generation really sqeezed the spirit out of rock'n'roll and the gen Xer's (like me) embraced this nonsense with open arms. Attending concerts that cost 250$+ doesn't mean you're a superfan or a music lover, it means you're probably rich and a bit of a poseur.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well I'll buy the album but at those prices I'd want Roger to raise Syd and Rick from their graves on stage!
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

drafsack wrote: DIAMOND PACKAGE $600

The Roger Waters Time Capsule (Diamond & Emerald Packages Only)
. Time Capsule Designed Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers
. Includes a Timeless Collection of Roger Waters VIP Themed Merchandise
. Each Time Capsule Contains a Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard
This species has amused itself to death.
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

I just bought mid-grade tickets for Chicago at $150 a piece...cheap seats at $85 were already sold out.
.didn't see much advantage in the $250 range really...for $350 there were some nice seats but a bit rich for my blood as I'm treating a couple friends to the show as well...tickets with packages went up to $600 which I would probably never get unless there was a meet and greet...and probably not even then. I paid a bit over $200 for main floor 3rd row seats from a 3rd party site to see Gilmore in Rome, which I thought a bit of a rip off at the time...until I saw Roger's prices...I saw Waters in London's Hyde Park when he was doing his Dark Side tour (about 11-12 years ago now. Wow) but as it was outside and daylight I'm looking forward to see what he can do in an arena setting where lighting and effects can be properly utilized.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I have stopped going to massively expensive concerts. I might pay £50 for Rog, but it'll be more than that. I tend to buy live DVDs/Blu-ray disks now and support minor artists at local music venues. I find I enjoy the intimate settings and being able to talk the the artists more.

EH!?!?! US$32 for a ticket to see Rog? Shurely shome mishtake!!!! https://www1.ticketmaster.com/roger-wat ... #efeat4212
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Funny thing is that every time I've seen Gilmore or Waters I just happened to be in the same area at the same time....same with the upcoming concert in Chicago....pretty sure that's not going to happen with Memphis no matter the ticket price.

Stones are coming to Zurich...tickets went on sale yesterday. I just looked a few minutes ago and even the 'cheap seats" in back are going for about $200... next level up seems to be about $350...packages for up to $1'000 pp...I might have thought about getting a couple cheap seats but Zurich is 2 hours away from me and it's on a weds of all days.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

I guess I paid $340CAD. those are not very good tickets halfway to the nosebleeds. Hopefully it's a nice show. The hockey arena has TERRIBLE acoustics, and I really hope they do something about it. Otherwise it's going to be a ringing ears galore during and the next day (my wife doesn't tolerate that very well). Mental note to bring full range ear plugs (hearoes). It's going to be a frustrating show with all the teasing. Hopefully the production makes us forget about that. Last time he was at the stadium, which is much bigger, building a wall.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

A bit OFF TOPIC, but this seemed the best area to post ...

Some interesting rehearsal performances here -

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... al-w483510
<ii>
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I wonder if there will be protests from pro trump supporters also Rog needs to be careful on the money front with the prices he is charging. For someone who is so left wing he certainly has capitalist tendencies (big man pig man)
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

drafsack wrote:I wonder if there will be protests from pro trump supporters also Rog needs to be careful on the money front with the prices he is charging. For someone who is so left wing he certainly has capitalist tendencies (big man pig man)
I always loved the irony of his capitalist messages while he resides in the capitalists capital of the world
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

He said he was a ''dog'' right?

Anyway I hate to say that but ''Pigs'' alone could make me buy tickets, they do a great version of it.
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

While we're on the topic of cost...I'm a bit curious as to how much it costs to put on this tour...if I remember correctly The Wall tour was something along the lines of $60 million.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

There's no way this tour will cost anywhere near as much as The Wall tour. The Wall's production costs were mainly in the hydraulics of the wall itself and the projectors.

This tour looks nowhere in the same league, in a technical sense as The Wall tour.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

I am a bit disappointed in the setlist. All of Dark Side (again), no solo work except 4 new songs. No extra solo's, no improvisations.

I know he lost money on his tours in the 80's, and has success the last 20 years with playing note-for-note renditions of Pink Floyd songs. But I don't like it.

Make it a solo tour. Drop the clicktracks and play the songs. Maybe 25% Floyd and 75% solo stuff. No another brick and no wish you were here. Why not play all of his new album like previous tours?

So, I don't think I'll see him on this tour. If he comes to Europe.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I said I'd get tickets but I must admit I'm rethinking it now as I have next to no desire to see Roger's band do Dark Side