Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Re: Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

Post by raisemyrent »

I didn't buy tickets for months, then said whatever. But now I regret it a little every day. Oh well.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

Well, he didn't play on the run and any colour you like, but still. I like one of these days instead of on the run, but I don't think great gig in the sky has a place in a Roger Waters solo gig.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

YetAnother wrote:Well, he didn't play on the run and any colour you like, but still. I like one of these days instead of on the run, but I don't think great gig in the sky has a place in a Roger Waters solo gig.
It could have, if he had singers who could even do it a little bit of justice. He doesn't though
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Do you think perhaps they use Great gig In The Sky in order to allow the backup vocalists equal feature time? They usually give each of the musicians on stage a few minutes solo time to showcase their abilities, don't they? GGITS is about the only thing in the Floyd/Waters catalog that fits the bill, isn't it? Certainly the most well known and capable of fitting in all the singers in one shot. I myself really have to be in the mood for it and could easily think of a couple dozen songs that I'd rather he/they perform live...but out of the 3 Floyd/Gilmore /Waters concerts I've been to GGINTS has come up each time...and apparently a 4th time this July in Chicago. To me it's not only an issue of needing strong vocalists but when done live it sort of creates a lull in the concert...but that's just my 2 cents of course
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

It's a make it or break it song and these girls break it. Roger has no shame or no ear. Or both
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

The girls are just for show. The final solution to strengthen the strain. Woo-hoo!
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

The show is only about a week away for me and I'm excited!

I'm really excited to see what the "time capsule" is.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Yeah but they can't sing. Are they objects? Is that the intent? Is it the 50s?
Them sticking around singing backup flat all over the place is unprofessional to say the least.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

The only ones objectifying the "girls" are the fans that believe that because they are pretty Roger is using them just for show. The simple reality is that Lucius is there because they worked with Roger in the new album, just as all the other new guys in the band. But NOBODY is complaining about the new male musicians being used as objects, right? Even though their performance is also less than stellar! Hmmm I wonder why? Some double standard there. I guess sometimes sexism is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, yeah, Lucius does a good job in the other songs, but they sure aren't ready to perform GGITS, it would be wiser to drop that song from the setlist, and perhaps replace it with something less demanding solo spot. Perfect Sense maybe?

And please, bring Snowy White back!
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Follix wrote:He said he was a ''dog'' right?
Just another sad old man who was dragged down by the stone?

I've gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused....
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

They're not ready to have their microphones be on.
What song is Lucius on? Please explain. I listened to the one song on Apple Music and it was novelty rubbish.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

The Lucius girls are doing all the backing vocals on Roger's new album.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

I guess they are all over the album, but not as high in the mix as the backup singers on his previous albums.

Still disappointed in the setlist. I know this are his most popular songs, but I am in the minority that would like Waters see perform some of his solo songs. I've seen enough of Dark Side, Wish You Were Here and The Wall. Would anyone even notice if he'd skipped Money?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yeah, I would love to hear more of his solo songs performed live. What God Wants, It's A Miracle, Each Small Candle and Home in particular. All those are great songs and deserve to be promoted and celebrated as an important part of the Waters ouvre.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

By the way I don't think his singers are pretty so if that's why he was using them he's failed there too

Fair play for the rest of you for taking accusations of sexism though, I personally didn't take too well to that last time myself.