Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Rog - Us and Them Tour How much would you pay

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Any chance of posting the setlist?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

This is the rehearsal setlist, we will see tonight after the first show if there are any changes, but I doubt it:

Speak to Me
Breathe
One of These Days
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
When We Were Young
Déjà Vu
The Last Refugee
Picture That
Welcome to the Machine
Wish You Were Here
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Another Brick in the Wall Part 3

SET 2
Dogs
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
Money
Us and Them
Smell the Roses
Brain Damage
Eclipse

ENCORE
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Personally, I think is a damn AWESOME setlist for a Pink Floyd concert! Hearing Dogs, Pigs, Welcome To The Machine and One of These Days played live would alone pay the ticket for me. But for Roger Waters fans is a little short on his solo stuff.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Lip Sync fail during Brick P3 from meadowlands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag4qB3v ... u.be&t=38s

missing his cue to mime during Brick P3 :lol: :lol: :? anyone going have fun listening to a tape playback and Roger fake playing bass throughout the show on numerous songs its not for me.

The setlist is Mexico & Desert Trip lite just with some new solo songs thrown in does not justify the prices to see him imo
Last edited by azza200 on Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Many thanks, Dan!
I would like to see "Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk" as one of the set closers. Just to show he still had a sense of humour!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Top track! Best guitar work ever done by Barrett IMO.

But I dont think his current guitarist could pull it off.

Maybe if he hired Omar Rodriguez Lopez... That could be a thing!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

It's almost insulting to charge money to lip sync like that. Roger has no shame. One of these days without David Gilmour is a drag. It's stupid. It's a joke. Who cares really? Hey! I've got a guitar and slide; I'll play it for your one of those days. Pay me money. Most of the dark side with Roger singing is atrocious too. Cool to hear some animals and other rarities too. Welcome to the machine. Cool. I loved his version of set the controls. Disappointed to see that drop out. Wish you were here is just painful and sad. I've concluded that Roger's a disgrace. Who gives a crap about bloody Vera
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

It's quite sad that Americans are now forced to buy concert tickets to concerts they don't want to go to...Oh wait...they aren't, are they?
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

Does he lip-sync every song? I didn't really expect it in Brick III.

No one is forced to go, but we are also not forced to like everything he does. I did understand why he did a Pink Floyd greatest hits show in Mexico and in the Desert Trip, but this is a Roger Waters concert. I expected some Roger Waters songs. Why not? Because he wants the recognition these Pink Floyd songs are his songs (too)?

At least it looks good.
Just1more
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Just1more »

Well...There are "some" Waters' solo stuff in there...but the fact is that both Waters & Gilmour are catering to crowds that like rehashing the past...with each person in that crowd desiring a different set list...and of course only Waters should do certain songs...and Gilmour others...and neither should show any sign of aging since that famous day in Pompeii. And don't touch any of the "sacred" songs...But they should have done Echoes...or (insert favorite song name here). The backing musicians are all talentless and couldn't hold a candle to 25 year old Dave...half the crowd wants to hear Money...the other half are sick of it and want something new...and how dare they charge more that $20 for a ticket. And holy smokes...Pink Floyd members are using electronic devices to enhance the concert experience..and good Ole Rog might lip punch a few pieces...a guy in his mid 70s might not make a 3 hour show, that's another shocker...but hey...they're both putting on better shows than Bowie nowadays...so I'll take what I can, while I can. At the end of the day no one is being forced to buy concert tickets or albums...I bet there are plenty of people nowadays that haven't paid a dime for any of their music....so I guess I can understand why they think $100 is expensive to see a show...but to each their own.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

http://www.inquisitr.com/4250472/roger- ... b806a7020f

I'm on a Tablet so I can't copy and paste. But :lol: :lol: and :lol: at some of the complaints in the report.
Only thing was the article mentioned "Corporal Clegg and I thought he played it!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Satanic! Hope they paid for the golden package or whatever it's called.

I can only imagine tbeir confusion and shock when the band went into Pigs 3DO! :lol:
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

They probably thought they were going to some Pink Floyd greatest hits show. It is easy to miss a political message in Another brick in the wall...
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Saw a vid of One of these days from Kansas

Not digging Rogers version much at all, and I know people on here will get their panties in a twist over this next comment because they hate the guy for having the audacity to enjoy himself on stage during the AMLOR & DB tours, but Guy Pratt plays that baseline MUCH better than Rog.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

Guy Pratt can play everything better than Roger Waters. I don't care. I wished Waters played more.
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

"I wished Waters played more."

Yes, it is very strange to see him doing the stage-stride. It's about as relevant to his existance as his babbling off about political rantings.