Roger's P bass VS MIM / American Standard

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
WarwickMusicMan
Embryo
Embryo

Roger's P bass VS MIM / American Standard

Post by WarwickMusicMan »

I'm aware that I might be reviving an already discussed thread, But i have to know.. Is the Roger Waters P bass worth the money? Or would I be better off buying a MIM P bass and adding a black pickguard? I looked on the Fender website and found that the MIM and American p basses are damn near identical.. The only real differences being the finish (which doesn't bother me), truss rod location (located on the headstock and at the bottom of the neck, respectively) and the pups installed... Other than that, they're identical in every way...

So my question is.. What's so special about the RW P bass? And how does that bass compare to a MIM / American standard?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger's P bass VS MIM / American Standard

Post by kjek1 »

"Roger Waters signature bass - as played by David Gilmour on Pink Floyd's albums"
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

kjek1 wrote:"Roger Waters signature bass - as played by David Gilmour on Pink Floyd's albums"
This site could use not only "like/dislike" buttons, but also the "favorite" one ;)
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
+1