Stalking Syd Barrett

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Stalking Syd Barrett

Post by my breakfast. »

Well why couldn't crap like you just leave the guy alone in his final years. He recorded a handful of albums 30 years ago, so you feverishly follow him around with a poxy little camera incase he suddenly snaps out of it and starts talking about the UFO club? No chance. Its a shame people couldn't let the guy go without having to probe into his life which he chose to live, just so you could post your 3rd rate Voyeurism on some shit forum for similarly Barrett-obsessed losers to drool over, as if looking at a bald 60 year old man brings you closer to the "Spirit of Syd" or whatever shit you weirdos come up with next.

In other words I am disgusted.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Hey, calling me names again? Hey, I don't wait to argue again! I've received worse names, but every next undeserved one is a pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why - WHY - don't you even try to understand me!!?? I'm disgusted with people who think they're so smart their truth is the only truth, the law...

Re-read my post. Besides, if I were him, I would totally don't mind, even understand. Understood? Bottom line. Get over it. Stop criticyzing me at once, I know what I'm doing. And I could do something else apart from filming, - for example, just ask him the time, without even mentioning I'd recognised him.

If you were to happen to accidentally see your most favorite person somewhere, wouldn't you go say hi or something??? Well, you guys get to see them every week or so, UNLIKE US!!! You guys can't understand us guys. you get, say, the Stones, The Police or something every months or two, and us - once a year, if really lucky!!! So stop being wrong, Alan, stop misjudging me, for cryin' out loud!!!

Or maybe you just like to pick on me, huh?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Righto, got to intervene because this is something i feel strongly about
moom wrote:Why - WHY - don't you even try to understand me!!?? I'm disgusted with people who think they're so smart their truth is the only truth, the law...
Interesting you should say this because:
moom wrote:Besides, if I were him, I would totally don't mind, even understand. Understood? Bottom line.

What you're basically saying in your defence here is 'because i would have no problem with some random person in the street filming me after i have tried to lead a sheltered life for 30 years then obviously Syd Barret has no problem either'

In other words you are saying your truth is the only truth and that Barret should think as you do

If Syd has no conscented to you filming him as he goes about his own private business then what gives you the right to do so. You may say that its because you have good intentions, but in my opinion when you don't have his conscent then what you'd want to do is no better than the paparazzi
moom wrote:Get over it. Stop criticyzing me at once, I know what I'm doing. And I could do something else apart from filming, - for example, just ask him the time, without even mentioning I'd recognised him.
I personally feel this sounds a little obsessive to say you would want to approach Syd (RIP) to ask him the time just so he speaks to you.
moom wrote:If you were to happen to accidentally see your most favorite person somewhere, wouldn't you go say hi or something???

I'd be willing to bet most member's favourite people don't have mental health issues and haven't tried to live a very private life for the last 30 years.

Also, if Syd supposedly hates being asked about his days in Pink Floyd then he's hardly going to want fans approaching him in the street and would especially not want them filming him without his approval while just minding his own business
moom wrote:Well, you guys get to see them every week or so, UNLIKE US!!! You guys can't understand us guys. you get, say, the Stones, The Police or something every months or two, and us - once a year, if really lucky!!! So stop being wrong, Alan, stop misjudging me, for cryin' out loud!!!
Dude, if you mean seeing them in person Alan lives in Scotland. Nobody remotely famous comes to Scotland and if they do generally don't pop along to visit Dunblane. Also i'd be willing to be very few forum members have ever seen members of the floyd walking about

If you mean seeing them in concert it is hardly every 2 months. I can't think of a single band that have ever toured more than once a year to the same place unless it is to do like 6 nights in a row somewhere
moom wrote:Or maybe you just like to pick on me, huh?
This is a subject that always brings out a lot of strong emotions in people (particularly against Syd stalking) so don't take it personally
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Thanks Dave, thats what I was trying to say, just with a few more hormones!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

moom wrote: I'd film him for just some seconds, but he wouldn't even notice.
Feeling parasite ?
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

my breakfast. wrote:Well why couldn't crap like you just leave the guy alone in his final years. He recorded a handful of albums 30 years ago, so you feverishly follow him around with a poxy little camera incase he suddenly snaps out of it and starts talking about the UFO club? No chance. Its a shame people couldn't let the guy go without having to probe into his life which he chose to live, just so you could post your 3rd rate Voyeurism on some shit forum for similarly Barrett-obsessed losers to drool over, as if looking at a bald 60 year old man brings you closer to the "Spirit of Syd" or whatever shit you weirdos come up with next.

I am what you call "a Barrett obsessed loser" and I find your comments nasty and inflamatory. In moom's defence you have attacked him quite viciously and have generalised the members of the Syd Barrett forum as a pack of losers that hang on the edges of their chairs waiting for the next Syd Barrett clip to turn up.

We may be wierdos and the forum did cop some shit, but in all the posts made, there was not enough insults to match your vitriolic spit that you so eloquently put in one paragraph.

Congratulations.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

my breakfast. wrote:Thanks Dave, thats what I was trying to say, just with a few more hormones!
Keep your hormones, will ya? "Say it, don't spray it", they say ;)
Thanks, thanks for what? Perverting every thought of mine? Especially by saying I'm insisting on my truth? Why, thank you indeed, thank you, I've always proved that I'm not stubborn, not keen on my opinions, not saying "I'm smart, others aren't", and everybody keeps telling me that I actually do!! How nice!!

What should I ever do so that people don't pervert my intentions and thoughts!! It's like talking to a piece of wood!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:Keep your hormones, will ya? "Say it, don't spray it", they say ;)
Thanks, thanks for what? Perverting every thought of mine? Especially by saying I'm insisting on my truth? Why, thank you indeed, thank you, I've always proved that I'm not stubborn, not keen on my opinions, not saying "I'm smart, others aren't", and everybody keeps telling me that I actually do!! How nice!!

What should I ever do so that people don't pervert my intentions and thoughts!! It's like talking to a piece of wood!
If you want to be taken seriously, perhaps you could dissect David's post and give a valid reply to each point that he made?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:Or maybe you just like to pick on me, huh?
People pick on you because you are a tool! :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Perhaps I should get meaner towards some... Hmm, thanks, Keith, your post gave me a brilliant idea - you sometimes are what you sometimes are, but I still love ya :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:Perhaps I should get meaner towards some... Hmm, thanks, Keith, your post gave me a brilliant idea - you sometimes are what you sometimes are, but I still love ya :D
I love you too moomey! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

8)

We all make mistakes time after time, don't we?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:I am what you call "a Barrett obsessed loser"...

Ok I admit I was harsh.
HazeyJaneAgain
Embryo
Embryo

Post by HazeyJaneAgain »

my breakfast. wrote:Well why couldn't crap like you just leave the guy alone in his final years. He recorded a handful of albums 30 years ago, so you feverishly follow him around with a poxy little camera incase he suddenly snaps out of it and starts talking about the UFO club? No chance. Its a shame people couldn't let the guy go without having to probe into his life which he chose to live, just so you could post your 3rd rate Voyeurism on some shit forum for similarly Barrett-obsessed losers to drool over, as if looking at a bald 60 year old man brings you closer to the "Spirit of Syd" or whatever shit you weirdos come up with next.

I was disgusted too.Really disgusted.

Its true that most people on AP were quite clear about their approval/apathy/interest/ambivelence around the issue of the stalking and secret filming of Roger Barrett but I want to point out that there were a tiny minority of contributors(myself included) who were explicit in expressing their vehement opposition to this activity.Not everyone there was keen to see these kind of sneaky pics.
That said,even though I will never understand the opposing view to my own on this and feel very passionately about challenging it,there were some very groovy people on that forum and loser weirdos they most certainly were not.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

moom wrote:Thanks, thanks for what? Perverting every thought of mine?
I think you're using the wrong word here.

Perverting your thoughts would mean i am misinterpreting your thoughts when clearly i understand them but are disagreeing.

Well that is unless you are denying saying:

- You would film Syd Barret in the street
- You feel he wouldn't care if you did film him in the street
- You may even consider appraoching him for some normal every day banter just so you could speak to him
- That surely other forum members would do the same thing to their idols regardless of their mental health history
- That us Brits get the chance to see our idols all the time
- That Alan picks on you

I don't see how any of this was misinterpreted considering you mostly post in statements
moom wrote:Especially by saying I'm insisting on my truth? Why, thank you indeed, thank you, I've always proved that I'm not stubborn, not keen on my opinions, not saying "I'm smart, others aren't"
Again...
moom wrote:Besides, if I were him, I would totally don't mind, even understand
Not keen on your own opinions? Here you use them to judge how Syd should feel to justify filming him in the street

The difference between us here is that I am not saying for sure that Syd would not like being filmed (although there would be far more evidence to suggest that he would not)

But

What i am saying is that until you know for sure (i.e ask for his permission) then it is disrespectful to a man you supposedly idolise
moom wrote:What should I ever do so that people don't pervert my intentions and thoughts!! It's like talking to a piece of wood!
Seems like flaming here of either the entire forum, a few specific members or me as an individual. I don't know which you mean but i will resist the temptation to say something back, although i may well do so if you flame again