Scream Thy Last Scream ---> Baby Lemonade?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
sashwap
Embryo
Embryo

Scream Thy Last Scream ---> Baby Lemonade?

Post by sashwap »

spotted on wikipedia:
The song's chord progression and melody were later reworked for Barrett's song "Baby Lemonade", from his 1970 album Barrett.
first i've heard of that idea, and never would have made a connection between these songs myself. while they may share chord progression(s), i don't hear anything more than a passing similarity in melody. i seriously doubt the veracity of the idea that "baby lemonade" is a deliberate a re-working of "scream" rather than an unrelated composition that may share incidental similarities.

what say you guys? probably will remove that comment from wikipedia unless we can dig up some concrete evidence about a connection between the two.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Scream Thy Last Scream ---> Baby Lemonade?

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

It's wikipedia so chances are good it's only one person's opinion and hardly fact most likely. Even if true...doesn't matter. they don't sound the same...to me at least.
sashwap
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sashwap »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:It's wikipedia so chances are good it's only one person's opinion and hardly fact most likely. Even if true...doesn't matter. they don't sound the same...to me at least.
agreed! thanks to your encouragement i removed the sentence from each song's page. here's the comment i left: Removed unsupported, insubstantial, and irrelevant sentence suggesting a connection to another Barrett composition.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Until proven different that certainly works for me and hopefully anyone else who considered the issue as even being worthy of notice. :o
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

Barrett was too full of creativity to re-hash already-written music. I'm still a big fan of "Lucy Leave." Love it!