Chris Ian and the Newcomers / The Newcomers

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ivansc
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Chris Ian and the Newcomers / The Newcomers

Post by ivansc »

What can I say? I had got so used to not being anywhere near my old haunts, I got out of the habit of looking for people.
Been a bit reclusive since I got back from America if the truth be known.

for what it is worth I have pretty much never stopped gigging and recording up until the summer of 2006 when I realised I couldn`t do 2,000 miles a week and play four to six nights in the same week.

I have put on weight in the meantime though, so a small trio of raucous old hooligans is planned for next year.
Hopefull ythis ill not be the last reunion. I heard today that Tim R is looking for me and I don`t think I owe him money.

Sorry this has little to do with Pink Floyd or Rog/Syd.

But if it has achieved nothing else this site has put a lot of noisy old farts back in touch after many years.
Ivan T. Terrible.
ivansc
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Chris Ian and the Newcomers / The Newcomers

Post by ivansc »

Ten year anniversary of my last post!

The sad news is that my dear friend Dave Thaxter died recently & as is the way with these things, Chris Ian, Dave Hurst and I were all trying to get in touch with each other about Dave`s funeral. By some minor miracle, we DID meet up & had a wonderful, if tinged with sadness due to our dear pal being absent, re-hash of The Good Olde Days.

Not many of us left nowadays.

Anyone wanting to know what I am up to currently go to the facebook page of Skivin` Ivan and the Slackers.

Cant believe I am still playing festivals at 74 years old....