2%
Bike
10%

Total votes: 92

lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

All the songs are excellent... I really love "The Scarecrow"--just so vivid and timeless-sounding, like it might have been written/performed the same way hundreds of years ago. The standout may be "Astronomy Domine"--great song, and the album version sounds amazing (though the "Look Of The Week" TV version is every bit as powerful). It's probably the only PF song performed by every incarnation of the group.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

lovescene4 wrote:The standout may be "Astronomy Domine"--great song, and the album version sounds amazing (though the "Look Of The Week" TV version is every bit as powerful). It's probably the only PF song performed by every incarnation of the group.
Yes, "Astronomy Dominee" is incredible and gets my vote. Witness the dawn of spacerock on this devastating track. The "Look Of The Week" version is even better, and makes the "Piper" version sound tame!

This may be nit-picking, but I dunno whether the Waters/Gilmour/Mason "Final Cut" era Floyd ever performed "Astronomy Dominee"
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

sure they did, during their awesome 1983 tour!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Pat Albertson wrote:The "Look Of The Week" version is even better, and makes the "Piper" version sound tame!
Yes! I like the loudness of Syd's vocals in the chorus on the Look of the Week version. And when he gets his zippo out for some slide guitar is just amazing.
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

lovescene4 wrote:It's probably the only PF song performed by every incarnation of the group.
Pat Albertson wrote:This may be nit-picking, but I dunno whether the Waters/Gilmour/Mason "Final Cut" era Floyd ever performed "Astronomy Dominee"
Yes, by "performed" I did mean live. Strictly speaking, I guess there's no real evidence the 1968 five man lineup played it live, though... :arrow: :)
cansarp
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cansarp »

I think it's "Astronomy Domine". In "Echoes" it was the first song of the CD 1 and with this, I met with Pink Floyd so it's very important for me. I think PF members also thinks it like that because even Syd has left the band, they recored a promo video where Gilmour miming Syd, they played the song live in Ummagumma and P.U.L.S.E. The song is the greatest symbol of PF's psychedelic era.
Bαbi*BR

Post by Bαbi*BR »

It's a clich? saying this, but, really, it's impossible to choose my favourite one at PATGOD. Today, whatever, I chose "Matilda Mother"... I looove its little crazy story... Uh, I go high with the scarlet eagle...
and with Lucifer Sam,
with Grimble Cromble,
Jupiter and Saturn,
Gerald...
alan'spsychadelicbrunch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alan'spsychadelicbrunch »

I chose Matilda Mother, as I listen to that one the most of this album.

Although Flaming had the biggest impression on me when I first heard it.

Especially the line 'Yippee you can't see me..... but I can you.'

That scared the hell out of me at the time.

Hell it still does :oops:
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

For me it's a masterpeice ...yeah yeah everyone knows that...it's hard to choose...

THIS IS ME THANKING GOD FOR PATGOD

Bαbi*BR

Post by Bαbi*BR »

Uh! I looooved the pic!
Very poetic...
and funny...
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I voted for Flaming.... that line also sticks in my head...(Yippee! You can't see me but I can you;) I also love the intro on Scarecrow, which takes my vote for 2nd place.
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

Take up thy Stethoscope & Chapter 24 are the only songs what I don't like that much.

Also, Interstellar Overdrive is a bit boring. Classic riff, but that's all.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I pretty much like the whole album (sure there are better versions elsewhere)...but, I'm voting Chapter 24...

P.S. I walking around singing doi doi too... :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

hard to choose between Flaming and IO, both on the same level... Still, I go for Flaming
henno

Post by henno »

i voted for scarecrow......

i love the intro, the lyrics are just beautiful and i love the way they dance as they come from syd voice...
'' as everyone knows, stood with a bird on his hat and straw everywhere he didnt care".....

theres something completly simple but special in the mundane as seen through syds eyes....