1974 - Household Objects

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: 1974 - Household Objects

Post by theaussiefloydian »

DarkSideFreak wrote:
Hudini wrote:That's just what I was talking about. And "Money" is the only Pink Floyd song that's not in 4/4 or 3/4 time signature. It is also one of the very few songs of theirs with a notable time signature change - from 7/4 (verses and Dick Parry's solo) to triplet 4/4 (Gilmour's solo).
"Round and Around" is a 5/4 rhythm if my memory doesn't fail me. Also "On the Turning Away" is strangely built, the drum rhythm is straightahead but the verse seems to shift between different signatures.

"The Dogs of War" changes from triplet 4/4 to straight 4/4 but that doesn't really qualify I guess...
Hmm. 'In The Flesh?' is supposed to be in 6/8 too, and 'Two Suns in the Sunset' has some interesting things going on in terms of time signature, switching from 9/8 to something else, bits of 'Shine On' are in 6/8 too if my memory serves me right. 'Mother' had some time signature changes too... 6/4 to 4/4? Something like that?
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: 1974 - Household Objects

Post by DarkSideFreak »

theaussiefloydian wrote:
DarkSideFreak wrote:"Round and Around" is a 5/4 rhythm if my memory doesn't fail me. Also "On the Turning Away" is strangely built, the drum rhythm is straightahead but the verse seems to shift between different signatures.

"The Dogs of War" changes from triplet 4/4 to straight 4/4 but that doesn't really qualify I guess...
Hmm. 'In The Flesh?' is supposed to be in 6/8 too, and 'Two Suns in the Sunset' has some interesting things going on in terms of time signature, switching from 9/8 to something else, bits of 'Shine On' are in 6/8 too if my memory serves me right. 'Mother' had some time signature changes too... 6/4 to 4/4? Something like that?
Likely all correct.