1990 Pink Floyd at Knebworth Park Silver Clef Show

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: 1990 Pink Floyd at Knebworth Park Silver Clef Show

Post by moodyblue »

She really was 'awful' that day.
Must say that this was one of the most disappointing concerts I have ever been to.
The build up with all those great names on one bill, a kind of 'who's who' of British rock music was spoilt by bad sound and bad weather complete with swirling wind.

FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

I remember there being a lot of expectation in the run up to the event, and it never quite being as good as we all hoped it would be.

With that said I still believe they should release some of the artist's full set. As an example if they remastered and released the full Floyd set with all proceeds going to Nordoff Robbins it would generate some much needed cash.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Comfortably Numb performance is one of the best versions of that song IMO they nailed it that night one of the best solos David has done as well. Would be great if they did release the full show without Great Gig as they could easily do a great remaster with the audio and video maybe do a new edit of the show like they did with Pulse on DVD

I found this rare news clip regarding Knebworth 90 which shows a new camera angle for the ending of CN which i have not seen before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRr4XwK8qE
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

A rare clip from Knebwoth 1990 show. Interview with David and Nick starts at approx 1.10

https://youtu.be/WlRr4XwK8qE