1977 Animals Live

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
zaggey
Embryo
Embryo

1977 Animals Live

Post by zaggey »

Last night I was listening to the Pink Floyd channel on Sirius and they played a version of Dogs live and it said Pink Floyd Dogs (Live). Normally they play a version just by Roger Waters live from his 2006 tour I think or the album version. Now the version I heard last night sounded very much as a mixed and mastered live version (you could tell it was a live version and it was David singing) which tells me there might (god I hope, this is my fav Pink Floyd cd) a mastered live version of a concert from '77 for maybe a immersion version of Animals or a anniversary version as a double disc. Now as far as I know, I don't think David has performed Dogs live on anything he has released but I could be wrong. Thoughts?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Re: 1977 Animals Live

Post by RonToon »

zaggey wrote:Last night I was listening to the Pink Floyd channel on Sirius and they played a version of Dogs live and it said Pink Floyd Dogs (Live). Normally they play a version just by Roger Waters live from his 2006 tour I think or the album version. Now the version I heard last night sounded very much as a mixed and mastered live version (you could tell it was a live version and it was David singing) which tells me there might (god I hope, this is my fav Pink Floyd cd) a mastered live version of a concert from '77 for maybe a immersion version of Animals or a anniversary version as a double disc. Now as far as I know, I don't think David has performed Dogs live on anything he has released but I could be wrong. Thoughts?
They were playing a song from a bootleg. It's definitely not a live mixed and mastered version and the odds that there will ever be an Animals Immersion is slim-to-none.
zaggey
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zaggey »

They do not play bootlegs. I have listened to this channel quite a bit and no bootlegs are played on there. This channel started to help promote the immersion box sets and it kicked off with a live Roger Water's town hall with Jim Ladd. They only play music from Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Syd Barret, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright that was officially released and for sale. This is why I think there may be more immersion sets coming. But then again, it could have been played by mistake.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

zaggey wrote:They do not play bootlegs. I have listened to this channel quite a bit and no bootlegs are played on there. This channel started to help promote the immersion box sets and it kicked off with a live Roger Water's town hall with Jim Ladd. They only play music from Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Syd Barret, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright that was officially released and for sale. This is why I think there may be more immersion sets coming. But then again, it could have been played by mistake.
There will never be an Animals Immersion set. What they played was an unofficial bootleg. They probably got around it the same way that Wolfgang's Vault is able to legally sell the same recording from Oakland 77. There are other legitimate satellite stations that play Floyd boots as well and pay royalties to do so (like the Doctor's "Brain Damage" podcasts). There is no way this was an official Pink Floyd recording from 1977.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Keep listening to Sirius and try to record the song the next time they play it, so the people at yeeshkul can listen to it and tell you exactly what it is.

Meanwhile, did it sound something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDz7wI0Oiho
zaggey
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zaggey »

danielcaux wrote:Keep listening to Sirius and try to record the song the next time they play it, so the people at yeeshkul can listen to it and tell you exactly what it is.

Meanwhile, did it sound something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDz7wI0Oiho
I'm not sure, it was late and didn't realize it til half way through. I will do my best to record it next time I hear it