What happened to Pink?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

What happened to Pink?

Post by jtull »

In Pink Floyd's "The Wall", after the trial, Pink was "exposed before his peers", and the wall was torn down.

So, what exactly happened to the Pink in your opinion? Have his mental problems have been finally cured?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: What happened to Pink?

Post by theaussiefloydian »

I don't really think cured is right here. Whilst the wall is torn down and he comes back to society to some extent, the sample of someone saying 'isn't this where we came in?' at the end and beginning of the record eludes to a cyclical nature of this experience of the wall, implying that maybe he will build and destroy more walls in his lifetime, and that perhaps it has happened before.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Agreed, the "isn't this where ..." and needle lift (I'm showing my age), coupled with the start "... we came in" is a circular story to me, and always has been
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

twcc wrote:Agreed, the "isn't this where ..." and needle lift (I'm showing my age), coupled with the start "... we came in" is a circular story to me, and always has been
Dude, that's not showing your age. I'm 17 and I collect records, and not just for the novelty.
What is interesting about The Wall is I read somewhere that Waters originally intended the album to end with the wall still up, but that Bob Ezrin urged him to change that, considering it to be a 'f*** you' to the listener if it were still up at the end.