Nick Mason - Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
3%
26%
26%
16%
1 - Worst
29%

Total votes: 31

The Crazy Diamond
Blade
Blade

Re: Nick Mason - Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports

Post by The Crazy Diamond »

Its a classic album..and one of Nicks finest so far , it has an important place in a Floyd vinyl collection as well :D
DrDark
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DrDark »

Wow...really wouldn't have expected this much dislike over this album.

I think it's one of the better solo albums. Far better than Profiles, IMHO. And by far a hell of a lot better than Rick Wrights ZEE outing. Now that's a dismal recording.

Nick's playing on Fictitious Sports is some of his best. When I first heard the album in the mid-80's it made me wonder what the hell Roger Waters was thinking when he mad the comment that Nick's playing at the time was not up to snuff during the Final Cut album...which was recorded not much later.

Always had a soft spot form Nick. Loved a lot of the production work he did for others like Gong, The Damned and Steve Hillage.

One of the true greats

I'm glad to say I had the opportunity of meeting Mr. Mason and had him sign my vinyl copy.
Morty
Axe
Axe

Post by Morty »

Does humor belong in music? Love this album. Just really great fun. This is a 4 from me.
K2+
Axe
Axe

Post by K2+ »

1. I bought it with excitement, since as a kid I wanted to hear everything that was released by members of Pink Floyd. I don't recall if I even bothered to put on side two...
A few decades later I tried re-visiting the album, with the same outcome. At some point, I should probably give it another go, as it's now been at least a decade since that last attempt...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

K2+ wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:58 pm 1. I bought it with excitement, since as a kid I wanted to hear everything that was released by members of Pink Floyd. I don't recall if I even bothered to put on side two...
A few decades later I tried re-visiting the album, with the same outcome. At some point, I should probably give it another go, as it's now been at least a decade since that last attempt...
Try and pick up the Unattended Luggage box. Cheapest Pink Floyd related box and good remastering job.
K2+
Axe
Axe

Post by K2+ »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:40 pm

Try and pick up the Unattended Luggage box. Cheapest Pink Floyd related box and good remastering job.
Thank you. I wasn't even aware of this album, but will try and check it out.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

I got a good price on a vinyl copy of this one and it's currently en route to me from Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
battra
Knife
Knife

Post by battra »

I've spun this one a couple times.

It's weird.

Very weird.

Give me some time before I can really explain how I feel about it.