1994 - The Division Bell Tour - Your Memories

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

1994 - The Division Bell Tour - Your Memories

Post by Keith Jordan »

Did you see any of the concerts on The Division Bell tour? What are your memories of the concert? Any photos to share?
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Re: 1994 - The Division Bell Tour - Your Memories

Post by thefinalcut »

I guess both AMLOR and TDB tours were the worst ones in the history of the band. Sorry.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Both tours had amazing light shows and from all accounts pretty impressive sound and pro performances... as shows they delivered the goods I suppose, even more so than their 70s tours.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

danielcaux wrote:Both tours had amazing light shows and from all accounts pretty impressive sound and pro performances... as shows they delivered the goods I suppose, even more so than their 70s tours.

Right. But what about the music ??

:? :roll:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

considering the thread is called " ...your memories", I'd be more interested in the opinions of someone who was actually there
I tried to get in but the scalpers were asking too much the 2nd night in Vancouver
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

I was lucky enough to see various shows during the 1994 Division Bell Tour.

Chantilly France and several shows at Earls Court.

I was sat in the 12th row for the opening infamous show at Earls Court which lasted for all of about two minutes due to the seating collapse. That was rescheduled for the following week, but the show that really stands out for me was on Friday the 14th October 1994. Highlights of the first half were Shine On, Learning to Fly, Sorrow (Rattled your fillings loud!) and One of These Days.

Second half was Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety, and the musicianship on that night was brilliant. Without question the best Pink Floyd show I ever had the fortune to be at!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

After seeing them in 1987 and 1988, I decided not to attend this tour. However, I did sit through the first two songs when they played in Toronto, by sitting on a hill at Harbourfront, which gave a view of the top portion of the stage (barely)...
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I have very fond memories of this tour, because I went to see Pink Floyd at Earl's Court, and it was my first ever live concert, and what a way to start live gigs :shock: plus the tickets were a 21st birthday present to myself, and sitting there waiting for the show to start I could not quite believe I was about to watch on of the best and most celebrated bands of all time. The legendary PINK FLOYD :D The light show was amazing, the sound incredible, the second half started with Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and hearing Rick playing that atmospheric intro, just waiting for Gilmour's guitar was a real highlight. Plus the concert was 2 days after my 21st birthday. Perfect present.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I was 16 in '94, and this was my first huge concert. Munich, Olympic stadium.
We traveled for around 12 hours to there, roads werent nearly that developed as they are now. Croatia was at war...
It was one of those perfect days in your life that you'll never forget. the whoe experience felt like I won the lottery. I have no doubt that I would feel much
more soulless towards that now, but those were completely different times. It all looked so magical, huge, positive and new. The concert was just a sweet icing at that
wonderful cake that's called being 16 and seeing Floyd for the first time.
So, I'm chuckling at those comments that division bell tour was this or that, you know... it was fucking briliant, I know, and I dont give a shit what others might think or say.
I went with my brother (the other saw them in Wiener Neustadt), his pregnant wife, and couple of their friends. It all seemed like a pilgrimage.
I felt so important years after that, wearing Floyd shirts at every bleedin occasion, knowing that I was only one of the few in my entire generation that saw something like that. Seeing Gilmour or Roger solo after that is very dear to me, but simply doesent have that aura that this gig in '94 had.

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Where was that first picture taken from? A balloon? It looks like you were up in the sky. Were you standing somewhere on top of the Olympiahalle? The rockmuseum? I can't find any other fitting structure on Google's satellite photos :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I took that picture from the top of the Munich Olympiatower. :D

Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Damn!t wrote:I was 16 in '94, and this was my first huge concert. Munich, Olympic stadium.
We traveled for around 12 hours to there, roads werent nearly that developed as they are now. Croatia was at war...
It was one of those perfect days in your life that you'll never forget. the whoe experience felt like I won the lottery. I have no doubt that I would feel much
more soulless towards that now, but those were completely different times. It all looked so magical, huge, positive and new. The concert was just a sweet icing at that
wonderful cake that's called being 16 and seeing Floyd for the first time.
So, I'm chuckling at those comments that division bell tour was this or that, you know... it was fucking briliant, I know, and I dont give a shit what others might think or say.
I went with my brother (the other saw them in Wiener Neustadt), his pregnant wife, and couple of their friends. It all seemed like a pilgrimage.
I felt so important years after that, wearing Floyd shirts at every bleedin occasion, knowing that I was only one of the few in my entire generation that saw something like that. Seeing Gilmour or Roger solo after that is very dear to me, but simply doesent have that aura that this gig in '94 had.
my first Floyd concert too... great fun. I still have to think about that concert every time i go to the Olympic area in Munich. I still hope that Mr. Waters brings the Wall to the Olympiastadion next year. It was great in the small Olympiahalle, but the outdoor shows look just awesome.
tjrrockandrollmaster
Axe
Axe

Post by tjrrockandrollmaster »

I will share my review I submitted to Brain Damage and this is my actual memory of the show.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/concerts/ ... -1994.html