New Guy

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Dyer Straits
Embryo
Embryo

New Guy

Post by Dyer Straits »

I am the new Guy. I've been a Floyd fan for about 6 months. This forum is great, looking forward to sharing my thoughts.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hello there! Hope you have fun on the forum and I look forward to your thought sharing and contribution to our community here. :D
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Welcome to the forum Dyer!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Do you like Dire Straits then? I grew out of them last year.

And i'm only 16.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Welcome, Dyer (Dire?).

"Sultans of Swing," and "Money For Nothing" are ear candy, but I can't think of any other tunes from Dire Straits that I like.
Pie_in_the_Sky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pie_in_the_Sky »

Welcome Dyer, I'm kind of a newbie myself (not to PF but to this forum).
If you've been a Floyd Fan for 6 months now, thats a good thing! Because you've still got so much interesting stuff to discover and enjoy... It gets better and better the more you get into it... What I've discovered over the years is that while you 'grow' in life itself, Floyd and Waters music grows along with you.. You just start to appreciate stuff more, or in a different way... Truely a companion for life!

Also a bit of advice to 'Real Pink in the Inside' : Listen to the song 'Telegraph Road'by Dire Straits (preferably a live version). In some way it could just have been a Floyd song :wink:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I've never been a big Dire straits fan but I think Mark Knopfler is sort of underrated as a guitarist.
Dyer Straits
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dyer Straits »

Since I first heard floyd on the radio, it has gotten better every time i listen to it. I own 3 albums (echoes, Wall, Animals), with the first being Echoes. Their music is so deep and is not rivaled by any other band. A perfect combination of genius songwriting and raw emotion. I love the way Waters' lyrics interact with Gilmours' guitar work. These are fueled by the mood setting synthesizer and piano of Wright and the drumming of mason. Truly the best music ever. P.S. Dire Staits has some great music and Knofler is one of the better guitarists out there. :D
Dyer Straits
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dyer Straits »

Oh and Dyer is my last name, a play on words. Try Brothers in Arms and Walk of life.
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

The first album, the one with Sultains of Swing has a lot of great songs. Check it out some time. It is untitled I believe.

Post by Guest »

Hey im a new peep to this site aswel, dont understand where to sign up though, heh i signed up for the newsletter but where do i create a username?!!? Dire straits r wkd too!! best track has to be Money for nothing!
watched the dave gilmour performance last night, was interesting... he doesnt sound as sexi as he use to though! tee hee hee, gotta admit though mark knopfler and dave gilmour have sexi voices!!!
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

Scroll back up to the top of the page and in the left corner you will see some yellow buttons (under the words NEPTUNE PINK FLOYD)

click on the button which says REGISTER :)
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: New Guy

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Welcome Dyer Straits! With regard to 'Dire Straits' I have to say the first five albums, from '78 - '85, were truly wonderful. Mark Knopfler was and is a great guitarist - heavily influenced by Hank Marvin. He knows it, Hank knows it, and so do I.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Wow, a lot of names in this thread that I haven't seen around the forum for years. I think it is safe to say that 13 years after posting this thread, the "new guy" is no longer around!
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

lol <ii>