New Guy

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: New Guy

Post by moodyblue »

Telegraph Road is a brilliant song. Dire Straits were a very original sounding band back then. They lost it when the Brothers In Arms album was made in my opinion. As much as I really like certain tracks on that one, Walk Of Life really sucks!

Saw Knopfler a while back and he came across as uninterested in his past, far more at ease with being just a musician in his own right.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

moodyblue wrote:Telegraph Road is a brilliant song. Dire Straits were a very original sounding band back then. They lost it when the Brothers In Arms album was made in my opinion. As much as I really like certain tracks on that one, Walk Of Life really sucks!

Saw Knopfler a while back and he came across as uninterested in his past, far more at ease with being just a musician in his own right.
I agree that BIA was a step back from the awesomeness of Love Over Gold (Private Investigations is just... 8-[ ) but I really like the On Every Street album and its rootsy vibe, coupled with the last hooray of the old soundscapes on tracks like "Planet of New Orleans" (which I think is almost up there in the Telegraph Road league).
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

moodyblue wrote:As much as I really like certain tracks on that one, Walk Of Life really sucks!
Not that 'So Far Away' and 'Money For Nothing' were much better though.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Hudini wrote:
moodyblue wrote:As much as I really like certain tracks on that one, Walk Of Life really sucks!
Not that 'So Far Away' and 'Money For Nothing' were much better though.
I quite like Money for Nothing for its humour and the guitar riff, but So Far Away is pretty boring IMO. Strange to see MK deliver so little guitar awesomeness after Love Over Gold with its mesmerizing solos...