For those of you who used to like APFFN...

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

For those of you who used to like APFFN...

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Some of the former members of the APFFN (All Pink Floyd Fan Network) got together and did this:

https://www.change.org/p/paulo-aka-the- ... an-network

I signed the petition but don't think it will have any effect. However, as quite some people (me included) joined NPF after the demise of APFFN, I thought it would be a good way to bring this to people's attention.

Cheers
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: For those of you who used to like APFFN...

Post by Keith Jordan »

This forum has been around for a very long time indeed too and I wouldn't think of shutting it down, I would rather transfer it over to a group of people to run rather than just delete years of discussions and information. However, this Piper fella has decided to end the site so perhaps people could find another place to hang out - like this very website - and continue your friendships and discussions but just on a slightly different forum. 8)
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: For those of you who used to like APFFN...

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Keith Jordan wrote:This forum has been around for a very long time indeed too and I wouldn't think of shutting it down, I would rather transfer it over to a group of people to run rather than just delete years of discussions and information. However, this Piper fella has decided to end the site so perhaps people could find another place to hang out - like this very website - and continue your friendships and discussions but just on a slightly different forum. 8)
I'm completely with you on that point and it also seems that Paulo was considering to put somebody else in charge but somehow he was then fed up with all of us, or something. I only posted this out of loyalty with the friends I've made there. Most of the contacts I've continued on the Steve Hoffman forums and YouTube, though I've sadly lost touch with some fine folks, e.g. a nice girl named LinzyLu who shared not only my love for Pink Floyd but also for another band, Tears for Fears, and I wish we had exchanged email addresses before the meltdown happened. It's even more disturbing that the Unofficial Status Quo Messageboard first went through a major overhaul (during which all posts were deleted) and then all of a sudden simply vanished. From what I see, you seem very sensible about preserving old discussions and the user base. Having said that, APFFN was a very special place with a type of humour that you rarely find anywhere. Plus it was a source of information, even some wikipedia articles were based on interviews hosted on the site. I made all of that clear when it came to shutting the site down, but it didn't seem to have any effect. :(