Pink Floyd Forum
Pink Floyd | Pink Floyd News | Blog | Pink Floyd Pictures | Pink Floyd Tour | David Gilmour | Roger Waters | Forum Help | Contact | Pink Floyd Newsletter
Last visit was: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 am It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:24 am 
Axe
Axe

PublicImage wrote:
That certainly is odd. Why would someone hate a person who they consider to be bad at singing? If you are going to defend people for hating Yoko Ono, that is not a good defense.

I actually don't hate Yoko Ono as a person, I hate the fact that a record company would give her a record deal simply based on the fact that she was married to John Lennon, and for no other reason. I think it's the popularity of her terrible music that irritates me most. If her music was almost entirely unknown then it wouldn't be a big deal.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:24 am 
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Jack Wolf wrote:
I think it's the popularity of her terrible music that irritates me most. If her music was almost entirely unknown then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Actually, if this thread proves anything is that her music is indeed almost entirely unknown.

Here's another nice song:

Not great, but certainly not the "terrible wailing noises" some people claim that she only makes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 am 
Judge!
Judge!

Guess who's now following me on Twitter :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm 
Hammer
Hammer

olzen wrote:
Guess who's now following me on Twitter :lol:

Join twitter. Verify your account. Set your account to automatically follow back everyone who follows you. Ignore everyone who follows you. Hire good lawyers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 am 
Knife
Knife

Yoko Ono is a woman? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:08 pm 

I've recently heard her song from Double Fantasy, "I'm Your Angel" as the jingle for some pet related commercial.

My first thought was "great...now she's going to think that people WANT to hear her."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm 
Hammer
Hammer

People can like, appreciate, tolerate or justify her. That's their prerogative. I don't and can't. Admired John...still do...always will...but not her.

Sorry John. If you really loved her that was your business and your right but............

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:58 am 
Blade
Blade

Personally I will always be amused by the stories of those bloody awful art installations she supposedly ran and met John Lennon at. The funniest bit of all that is I heard the first time they met (don't quote me on this) Lennon basically took the mickey out of a bunch of the installations - for example, he went up to an apple that Ono had attached a $300 dollar price tag to as a statement about inflation or something and ate it, saying "I'm not paying that for an apple."

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4