- what information NPF may collect about you;
- how NPF will use information we collect about you;
- when NPF may use your details to contact you;
- whether NPF will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Offensive or inappropriate content on the NPF website
- People Under 16 Years Old
- How long will NPF keep your personal information?
- Can I find out what personal information NPF holds about me?
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
1 - What Information Is Collected?
You can view all of the NPF website without without providing any personal information about yourself. However, when any browser contacts any web server (where the website is stored) your browser will send various information to the server such as your IP address, details about your operating system version, your screen resolution etc. This information is logged in the servers log files. That information is then consolidated to provide the system administrator with useful information on the functioning of the website. Google Analytics is also in use which tracks which pages of the site you are viewing, for example. This helps NPF to better design the site to make sure the quality content is being seen!!
Some "services" on the NPF website require you to enter personal details such as contact details.
The Forum requires registration should you wish to post to it. A valid email address must be provided as part of the registration process for i) preventing spambots/robots from registering and posting spam/advertising on the site and ii) assisting in the administration of your account.
The NPF Newsletter requires at least your email address so that we may send you the newsletter you have requested. You may also enter other personal information such as your name and location at your choice. Links within the newsletters are tracked to see how many people are clicking which types of links. This is to give NPF a better idea of what people are interested in to make the newsletter more relevant for users.
2 - How The Information May Be Used
NPF may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Your personal information will be used for "service administration purposes" which means contacting you - often the software running the site does this automatically - to let you know about service issues, to administer your account like sending username and password reminders and to inform you of other service related issues.
- To contact you about posts you may post on the forum, particularly if they are offensive. Additionally, if you "subscribe" to a forum or topic, then the forum software will send you a notification email when a new post it made.
- Your information may be used to personalise the service which is provided to you.
- To analyse user behaviour on the site to improve the service.
- You may be invited to join our newsletter if you enter one of our competitions. You will only be invited to join once by email and, if you choose not to confirm your subscription, you will not be contacted again about it.
- Members of the NPF Newsletter mailing list may be contacted from time to time to extend invitations to join NPF on the likes of Facebook.com. Subscribers can opt out of this.
3 - When NPF May Use Your Details to Contact You
If you have subscribed to the site newsletter, your personal details including email address will be used to contact you. You consented to this when you registered to receive the newsletter and confirmed your registration.
If you have registered to use the forum, as mentioned above, various system administration messages may be sent to you. Most of which you can choose not to be sent in your User Control Panel on the forum. You may also be contacted for issues relating to the service provided by the forum and in reference to the posts you make to the forum.
If you enter a competition on NPF then your personal details may be used to contact you should you win the competition, otherwise your personal information will be discarded securely after the competition has expired. You may at some point also be invited to join the NPF Newsletter, although you will not be added unless you confirm you want to be added.
4 - Disclosing your Details to Anyone Else
NPF respects your privacy and takes care in protecting your personal information that you may provide to us. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any third party at any time except where the law compels us otherwise. An example would be the police wanting to contact you relating to posts you may make on the forum or other conduct related to NPF. The server is based in England and, as such, is governed by English Law.
5 - Offensive or inappropriate content on the NPF website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to *.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on*.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk, NPF may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where NPF reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), NPF may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
6 - People Under 16 Years Old
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the NPF website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7 - How long will NPF keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal details for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you which this site offers. Content in terms of posts you provide on the forum will likely be kept indefinitely.
8 - Can I find out what personal information NPF holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you are entitled to know and have corrected any personal information held that you have provided to NPF. You can contact us using the contact link in the menu at the top of this page to make such requests. All reasonable efforts will be made to provide such information.