Phase 1 of the Why Pink Floyd release schedule has happened and many of you will have your Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Edition and Discovery albums and enjoying the glorious sounding enhanced CDs and DVDs.
I myself have the DSotM Immersion Edition and Vinyl in addition to the Discovery box set of all the studio albums which I am most pleased about. Still got lots of listening and immersing to do hence I am about to start my review of the Dark Side Immersion edition shortly.
However, lets now turn our attention to the second phase of the Why Pink Floyd release schedule which will see Dark Side of the Moon follow up album Wish You Were Here get the Experience and Immersion treatment!
Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition
November 7th 2011 will see Wish You Were Here – ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions, Vinyl LP and digital editions released. Lets explore what will be included in the editions.
The Discovery Edition of the album has the original album remastered by James Guthrie.
The edition up from this is the Experience Edition which has the Discovery CD plus a second disc containing Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1-6) live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased), Raving & Drooling live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased), You’ve Got To Be Crazy live at Wembley November 1974 (2011 mix and previously unreleased), Wine Glasses from the unreleased ‘Household Objects’ project, Have A Cigar alternative version (previously unreleased), Wish You Were Here featuring Stephane Grappelli (previously unreleased).
We now step up to the third and final version of WYWH in the form of the Immersion Boxset which features everything on the Experience edition and then lots more material for fans to immerse themselves in! I am rather looking forward to getting this release in addition to the Dark Side of the Moon one! So, lets see what additional material we get on the extra three discs.
Wish You Were Here – Immersion Boxset – November 7th 2011
- DISC 3 – DVD1, ALL AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps / Wish You Were Here, Original Mix (1975) LPCM stereo / Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps / Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
- DISC 4 – DVD 2, AUDIO VISUAL: Concert Screen Films: Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro / Shine On You Crazy Diamond / Welcome To The Machine animated clip / Storm Thorgerson short film. Concert Screen Films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound
- DISC 5 – BLURAY: AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / Wish You Were Here, Original stereo mix (1975) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit / Concert Screen films: Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro / Shine On You Crazy Diamond / Welcome To The Machine animated clip / Storm Thorgerson short film
- This set comes with a 40 page, 27cm x 27cm booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson, an exclusive photo book edited by Jill Furmanovsky, an exclusive Storm Thorgerson Art Print, 5 x Collectors’ Cards featuring art and comments by Storm Thorgerson, replica of Wish You Were Here tour ticket, replica of Wish You Were Here backstage pass, scarf, 3 x clear marbles, 9 x coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches, and a 12 page credits booklet.
Guarantee Your Copy with Pre-Ordering
The physical world has a limited amount of stock in for retailers thus ordering early ensures you reserve a physical copy of the Wish You Were Here Immersion boxset. This means shortly before the release date when the retailer gets their stock, yours will be physically reserved and ready to dispatch to you. Meaning you get your copy as soon as possible! So, please select a merchant from the links below and pre-order a copy now as they are released in around 6 weeks!
- Pre-Order Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition from Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.com
- Pre Order – Wish You Were Here Experience Edition from Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.com
Don’t forget that the third and final phase of the Why Pink Floyd back catalogue release schedule is The Wall in February 2012 which should be rather entertaining as the original Demo tapes by Roger Waters and the band will be included in pristine quality for you to see how the songs developed, how some songs were chopped and changed, how some songs ended up on the final cut album and other places too! To get all the updates and news about that, please be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and get our free Newsletter to remain informed of Pink Floyd News!
A Foot In The Door : Best of Pink Floyd 2011
In addition to the excellent Wish You Were Here box set, there is the second best of Pink Floyd in not so many years in the form of A Foot In The Door. This particular “best of” is a single CD collection featuring a track list chosen by Pink Floyd and newly created artwork from Storm Thorgerson. All tracks remastered by James Guthrie in 2011.
Track list: Hey You, See Emily Play, The Happiest Days Of Our Lives, Another Brick In The Wall pt2, Have A Cigar,Wish You Were Here, Time, The Great Gig In The Sky, Money, Comfortably Numb, High Hopes, Learning To Fly, The Fletcher Memorial Home, Shine On You Crazy Diamond (edit), Brain Damage, Eclipse.
A Foot In The Door is released along with Wish You Were Here on 7th November 2011 (8th in USA) and you can pre-order yourself a copy from the merchants below.